Your biggest carp

British carp 28.8 from ecco pond,frence carp 56.6 massive going again this year You can not beat british carp though just more of a challange.sheffield canal behind the retail park always throws me a good few 20's each year, and there are defo 30 in there, the biggest from the plumpers strech was 27.4 last year on dog biscuit great fish,this fish was fat has you like.worm fished down the edge of any weed in summer will out fish any other bait on the canal,but most fall to floaters.In total i have had over 30 20's from the canal same few streches and it is well worth a visit early morning or after t in the summer,mick

1st day of the new carp season this sunday,Gonna get a 30 this year i just know it.No buzzers till a bit later on in the season just good old 2 1/2 lb test curve float rod.This rod has brought me countless 20's and its a rod i just love useing,think every fisherman has a rod they just love.So i will be out early with the centre pin, float gear and the chum mixer,been pre baiting some bottom swims for about 2 week and the carp have ripped the bottom up clear, every time i go.but i have a surprise this week in the form of a korda size 12 wide gape lol.So with a little bit of luck pictures will be posted on a1 web site sunday night

1st day of the new carp season this sunday,Gonna get a 30 this year i just know it.No buzzers till a bit later on in the season just good old 2 1/2 lb test curve float rod.This rod has brought me countless 20's and its a rod i just love useing,think every fisherman has a rod they just love.So i will be out early with the centre pin, float gear and the chum mixer,been pre baiting some bottom swims for about 2 week and the carp have ripped the bottom up clear, every time i go.but i have a surprise this week in the form of a korda size 12 wide gape lol.So with a little bit of luck pictures will be posted on a1 web site sunday night

Good luck mate i cant wait to get back at it.:)

Mine was a 17lb 4oz-er from a gravel pit at the side of the A14 in Kettering when I lived there.... On Chum mixer, surface fished as I was very, very bored..... And on light tackle too..... 4lb mainline straight through to barbless hook on a 13ft float rod..... played for about 20 mins (well it seemed like it anyway)

boring

give a man a fish and he will feed himself for a day

teach a man to fish and he will be a boring xxxx for the rest of his life

boring

A lot of people enjoy angling daftlad, me included. Stop being argumentative just for the sake of it.

A lot of people enjoy angling daftlad, me included. Stop being argumentative just for the sake of it.

i am not being argumentative, the people i know that go fishing are the most boring people i know

i am not being argumentative, the people i know that go fishing are the most boring people i know

If you find fishing so boring. Why are you reading the fishing section?

daftlad, if you have nothing constructive to say, **** off you prat.

boring

As i have said before to you, your name is perfect for you!! now jog on and go and bore people on the footy forum as you usually do!

Edited by DaveGas

I will give you 2 small lakes that will give you the possible 20+ fish,Well there are 4 but two sets of two.The first two are at graves park,there are a group of around 8 fish that are always togeather,the largest been a ghostie at 18 .6 the oethers are around 8lb/12 lb but these fish are not easy belive me.Took me a good few summers for me to bank the orange eyed ghostie.These fish are in the first lake has you come down from the carp park.The 2nd is a round about the the same size but in summer is full of weed,25lb braid is the only way of banking these fish also use a rig that the lead will eject on the take.Take my word for it you need waders to clear a couple of spots from the heavy weed growth but once you do there is a chance of a nice fish.I my self have seen a 31.1 come out true old english carp.I nick named it the asbo leather has it is a bully when there is food around pushing the other carp away from the baited area.I have never had the opertunity to meet her yet but i will she may be bigger now,i once put a bucket in the edge and pulled out some of the silt it is full of bloodworm,and small snails there may be bigger cap in here but i'm yet to see one.On this pond then use a rig like a chod rig with a weak link to the lead or even better a lead ejection method so the carp will come straight to the surface.The next lake is one that i would only take on if you have the patience of a nun,western park this lake has defo 3 30's in.I have only ever nailed one it was a common of 19.6 but it was the smallest in a group of 4.when its cold fish the resturant side deep water when it warms up the road bank.there is no certain area for these carp they seem to use the whole pond.Very very clever carp i once went up for 3 days and put a bucket of chum mixer in every day when i turned up with the rod with the mixer on they took about 40 mixers of the top and kept leaveing the one with the hook in one even took the **** by balanceing the mixer on its nose.Both are free and well worth a shot all though the first set are over run with dog walkers and they do your nut in throwing sticks in while your fishing.Even though its says dogs are not allowed in the pond....................hope this helps tyke.................................