BBC who needs them

I'm quite happy with the bbc how it is. Just needs a few more shows like it use to.

And so it begins...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1311888/BBC-chairman-Sir-Michael-Lyons-controller-Jay-Hunt-quit-amid-Tory-blitz-plan.html#comments

Turmoil at BBC as chairman and controller quit amid Tory plan for blitz on corporation's leadership

"The BBC was thrown into turmoil yesterday as two senior bosses – the chairman and the BBC1 controller – quit.

The announcements came within two hours of each other against a backdrop of ever-growing tumult over planned strike action next month.

BBC chairman Sir Michael Lyons announced he was stepping down after his relationship with the new Government deteriorated rapidly.

Insiders believe he jumped before he was pushed as ministers tired of his delaying tactics in opening up the BBC's accounts to greater scrutiny.

Sources suggested he would not have been given another term when his contract expires at the end of April as he has consistently resisted moves to allow star salaries to be examined by spending watchdog the National Audit Office.

A second announcement came when BBC1 controller Jay Hunt said she was also leaving after two and a half years, to join Channel 4."

So, the head of the BBC trust, which is supposedly on the side of the licence fee payer, is leaving his post because he doesn't want the public to know how much senior BBC employees are paid! With 'friends' like him, the hard pressed TV tax payer surely needs no enemies!

What would you prefer? A Channel dedicated to morons who like to watch rigged singing comptetions and 'talk' shows where chavs fight over paterntity tests? Its called ITV.

BBC1 has been dumbed down so much over the last couple of decades that it is now truly a channel dedicated to the moronic class. Just glancing at some of today's programme's - 'Homes Under The Hammer', 'Cash In The Attic', 'Bargain Hunt', 'The One Show', 'Waterloo Road' etc - none of these are aimed at educated, intelligent people.

All of these shows could be produced on the commercial channels. Why is the BBC putting out such dross?

BBC1 - The channel fit for imbeciles, and funded through fear and intimidation.

Edited by INTERVIEWER

BBC1 and BBC2 alone are showing 41 repeats in their schedules today.

The TV licence is such good value for money - lets increase it so that the most disadvantaged people in society feel this already particularly heavy burden even more acutely!

"TV Licensing" is just a trademark name for the BBC's Revenue Collection Service, it is NOT an authority - despite the constant lies of the BBC to fool the public into believing otherwise.

The BBC Director General, Mark Thompson, he who adopts the scruffy appearance of a Big Issue seller but earns £834,000 a year, has told us at that we should expect more repeats on the BEEB. Despite the huge income source of the licence fee, currently around £3.5 billion per year due to the fee and a plethora of channels and services, the BBC has lost touch with its audience over the last decade.

How many licence fee payers supported the huge pay packets given to 'talent' such as Jonathan Ross? All the while the greedy Thompson and his wealthy cronies have feathered their own nests. Now he says times are hard and that there are going to be cuts. Mark Thompson has presided over a disastrous decline at the BBC, standards of service have plummeted. His promises to sack managers and show more old shows is not the answer licence fee payers are looking for.

Abolish the disgraceful TV Licence, make the BBC subscription only and watch the income of this relic of the analogue age rapidly decline as people vote with their wallet.

They wouldn't be able to produce the sort of TV they are great at, if they were having to attract subscribers and turn it into a commercial product.

You'd end up with the same rubbish and repeats as is on Sky (though they have done the occasional good thing).

now i watch mainly BBC,but what's this all about "The young ones" if that's not a load of trash i don't know what is,total waste of money(in my opinion)

BBC1 has been dumbed down so much over the last couple of decades that it is now truly a channel dedicated to the moronic class. Just glancing at some of today's programme's - 'Homes Under The Hammer', 'Cash In The Attic', 'Bargain Hunt', 'The One Show', 'Waterloo Road' etc - none of these are aimed at educated, intelligent people.

All of these shows could be produced on the commercial channels. Why is the BBC putting out such dross?

BBC1 - The channel fit for imbeciles, and funded through fear and intimidation.

So you don't like BBC1 because it's 'dumbed down', and you don't like BBC4 because it's only for the 'middle classes'. No pleasing you is there? Oh I forgot, you just claim not to like the BBC, as all your posts show. :roll:

Incidentally, what user name did you use previously? Some of your comments seem to be word for word with somebody else's on the subject of the BBC.

Useful strategy to have a single login solely for the purposes of slagging the BBC I must admit. It means you can continue contributing to the "did you watch?", "did you listen to?", "what a fantastic documentary" threads under your normal login. :hihi:

I don't object to it anymore than I object to paying for a fire service while my house isn't on fire, or for a health service when I'm not ill.

Paying for the BBC TV Licence, the fire service and the NHS do not have the same moral status. It is ridiculous, and deliberately misleading, to compare the BBC to essential services that protect and care for us. If your home was on fire, would you call Brucie Forsyth to put it out? If you needed urgent medical treatment, would you allow some overpaid luvvie from 'Holby City' to operate? Of course not, so please stop using the 'BBC is as important as the NHS/fire service' argument which only betrays your ignorance.

The fact of the matter is that the modern BBC is mainly a peddler of low grade entertainment, which uses totalitarian style tactics to force people to pay for its junk.

If the BBC was really so loved by its customers it wouldn't have any need to force them to pay a tv tax under the threat of a home invasion, a criminal record, a court visit and a £1000 fine.

Take a chill pill man. You don't like the BBC so you don't pay for it. Big deal, why are you on here telling us that still? We got that from your first post already.

Take a chill pill man. You don't like the BBC so you don't pay for it. Big deal, why are you on here telling us that still? We got that from your first post already.

I don't pay the TV tax - I haven't done so for over 11 years. But although I am not a customer of the BBC, they still send me increasingly threatening letters warning me about a criminal record, home invasion and a £1000 fine, and they bang menacingly on my front door and windows demanding entry.

The bloated BBC treats all of its non-customers as criminals until proven innocent. It demands that non-customer's contact them, at their own expense, to inform them about their TV ownership - or lack of it. This is incredibly arrogant and bullying, they want people who don't have any use for their 'product' to telephone a premium rate telephone number or to pay for a stamp to keep good old Aunty up to date on our TV ownership, or to go online.

The Inland Revenue don't send out letters asking everyone if they should be paying capital gains tax... so why should BBC TV licensing be threatening people? The BBC automatically assumes that every household has a tv, and is watching 'live' television.

The BBC is a product which is extremely aggressively marketed, as not everybody needs or wants this product, and so we have to be frightened into paying for it. Despite informing them on MANY occasions that I do not require a TV licence, they will not leave me alone.

I wonder why the BBC tv programme 'Watchdog' has never investigated TV Licensing?

'Watchdog', or 'Rogue Traders' never investigate BBC TV Licensing for its aggressive, intimidatory methods of forcing the public to pay for the luxury lifestyles of their BBC masters. There is no mention of the criminalising of single mothers and the very poorest sections of our society just so that the BEEB can continue to pump out its pro-establishment propaganda and ensure that its employees are shielded from the recession.

No mention on the BBC news or documentaries of TV Licensing employees fabricating 'evidence' to obtain a conviction and thus qualifying for their commission, or the complaints made against TV Licensing Inspectors. Or the fact that the TV Licence is a massive financial drain upon our courts, clogging up the system and criminalising the poor.