Lloyds TSB to start charging for using a planned overdraft.

Use an overdraft regularly? Live in it like I do alot? From december 2nd its gonna be a fiver a month if you use it. I can afford to get rid of mine before then but I really feel for those who are struggling.

Any thoughts or bank rants? x:mad:

You could try moving your account. If enough people did this, then Lloyds TSB might have to have a rethink.

Apparently they are one of the most expensive UK banks for both authorized and unauthorized borrowing (link).

I would do but a) I still have to pay it back b) My husband has had so much trouble with other banks (poor customer service, extremely unfair charges and a refusal to investigate a theft from his account by someone hacking his paypal account) that I feel I would be better off there. He banks with Lloyds TSB too now, although the fees dont affect him.

I knew as soon as the Halifax got away with their brilliant (for them) new "scheme" other banks would follow.

Its sickening. So many people who rely on theirs in this current climate are going to be worse off now. Again, the poorer in society are going to feel it the most.

They are also going to stop paying any interest for accounts that are in credit, unless you pay them to have a Vantage account...... I know for a fact that i will be moving my account, the interest may have been pennies, but to refuse to pay any at all is ridiculous!

They are also going to stop paying any interest for accounts that are in credit, unless you pay them to have a Vantage account...... I know for a fact that i will be moving my account, the interest may have been pennies, but to refuse to pay any at all is ridiculous!

Me too. We don't use our overdraft facility but relied on it a lot when our children were young. We've been with Lloyds for aeons, we moved from Yorkshire bank when we wanted a bank loan back in the 80s. OH was self employed, and we found YB very parochial and unhelpful, and Lloyds were much more flexible. But I think the time has come for a change - but not to the Halifax!

I'm off to look for a bank that pays interest on a current account and only charges for unauthorised overdrafts. ;)

Use an overdraft regularly? Live in it like I do alot? From december 2nd its gonna be a fiver a month if you use it. I can afford to get rid of mine before then but I really feel for those who are struggling.

Any thoughts or bank rants? x:mad:

I used to be with the halifax till they started to charge £1 per day for the use of the pre arranged overdraft .I told them to stuff it and went to the Abbey.The Halifax told me that if I up graded my account they would give me £5 per month what they failed to disclose even with the £5 they were giving me they were charging £12 for just having the up graded account .I asked them about this and they hadn`t got an answer so left and so did my other half and my son so they lost 3 accounts on the same day

I would do but........

And therein lies the reason they can get away it.

It's all swings and roundabouts with the banks. They are all out to screw us for as much money as possible one way or another.

What is the likelihood that the other banks will follow suit in time though?

And therein lies the reason they can get away it.

If I had no overdraft I would but to where? Halifax are terrible as are HSBC. I dont trust any of them. I have been with LLoyds TSB for many years.

Know your enemy and all that.