Can someone please advise on getting rid of spiders?

cheers, i will attempt the hairspray technique and see if it works..

No please dont! :o They're really quite harmless - in fact, they're really rather helpful around the house, especially in the Summer months when there are lots of flys.

The hairspray method is quite cruel. Why not try the glass and card method, as mentioned on here previously? :)

No please dont! :o They're really quite harmless - in fact, they're really rather helpful around the house, especially in the Summer months when there are lots of flys.

The hairspray method is quite cruel. Why not try the glass and card method, as mentioned on here previously? :)

Are you kidding..... a glass and card :gag:

I freak at the mere sight of them there is no chance i would get close enough to one to place a glass on it :hihi:

Are you kidding..... a glass and card :gag:

I freak at the mere sight of them there is no chance i would get close enough to one to place a glass on it :hihi:

..makes me laugh, if we could get that close to a spider to put a glass over it we wouldn't have the phobia! :hihi:

Well, after getting home about half an hour ago from a night shift at work, I was greeted in my bedroom by a big black thing which was so big that at first I thought it was my wallet. I am ashamed to say that I am terrified of spiders (only the big black hunter ones, the rest I can handle....just...) and have had to take refuge in the living room until my wonderful saviour -our lass- gets up at 6 and removes it for me. I can totally understand the stories others have written about them, and it is quite reassuring to know that I am not the only wuss in town! I have just bought one of those spider repellent thingys which were recommended on a previous page as this is probably just the start of spider season!

I'm irrationally terrified of spiders, and dread even catching a glimpse of a picture of one.

I once read about a woman who had one in her car, but then lost it. She ended up selling the car as she couldn't bear the thought of a spider lurking somewhere! And the thing was, I read that, and found it an entirely reasonable reaction :)

Maybe we should organise a Sheffield Forum trip:

http://www.zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo//news/scared-of-spiders,20,NS.html

(safe to click for arachnophobes, trust me)

I don't really want to learn to love them, just to be able to cope with seeing them without freaking out and hyperventilating!

..that foot's going to have to come off norks ;)

You are not kidding its gona have to come off, i stuck it straight in the bath and poured half a bottle of shower gel on it but it still feels "affected" :gag::D

OMG norks!! :o I have no fear of them but if I trod on one in bare feet id freak too!!! you ok hun? :)

I am feeling much better now but gods!! this morning i was in tears :(

I thought my sider no more spray would work but i dint bother to read the instuctions which say ya gotta spray it every two weeks lol :D