Dogs should be banned in Hillsborough park

When I were nobbut a lad I am sure HP had a notice at the gates stating NO Cycling,Dogs must be on a lead.Whether it was a bye law or not I don't know.

Probably scrapped or can't afford the extra paint to put it on.

Its a pity the concerned parents aren't walking in the parks later in the evening and act like responsible citizens reporting incidents of anti social behaviour and graffiti etc, but no they'll be sat at home with the windows and doors locked complaining about dog walkers.

Well of course i'm sat at home in the evening....the kids are in bed!

Edited by Cazzabella

That has to be the best post on the subject.

Well done, Willman!!!!

its actually the bigest load of crap ive read on here,what a ridiculas view

It's actually a very valid point, At least most dog owners know where their dogs are after dark.

What is crap is your punctuation, grammar and spelling.

You know, what gets my goat in the local parks is the number of people who think it is perfectly fine to set barbecues going with no concern about the ground... and then there's those who don't bother to clear up the rubbish they leave behind... and then there's cyclists who speed around without a care for anybody else... and then let's not forget the organised sports players who take over whole chunks of the park and surround us with foul language and abusive supporters... and then there's people with kites and wires that get caught everywhere, fishermen ditto, these stupid boarding devices... in fact, tell you what, you can all just f@%k off and leave me and my park alone.:suspect:

I've got two dogs and two kids, who i take to the park regulary and wait for this shock horror!!.. i let them off the lead to run about! do they really cause that much trouble? That much trouble you had to start an anti dog campaign? No is the answer your looking for misrey guts!!!

Whats the point of taking a dog to a big open park to let it sit there on a lead? it would be like letting my kids watch others playing on the swings but not letting them have a go

So what are you trying to say, that parks are only for people with kids? i do not think dogs should be banned from parks, they are for everybody not just children (and i have 2 young children myself). My 5 year old daughter loves seeing dogs out and saying how they look like her grandad's dogs, or a dog off of a film that she has seen. She loves them but i have taught her that she is not to go up to dogs that she doesnt know. If we are out and I see a dog coming up that I really dont like the look of, i just call my daughter to me to walk with me until we are passed - simples! To be honest most dog owners are quite good and if they know their pet is not too good around kids, they will either put it on a lead or hold its collar until they are well passed.

My old dog used to love nothing more than going to the park, running round the fields, chasing sticks and tennis balls. why shouldnt they be allowed to enjoy the park as much as everyone else.

my only request of dog owners is that they pick up after the dog has done its business - be it in the park or anywhere else - i am fed up of trying to negotiate my pram wheels around all the dog mess - it seems to be gettin worse too!!

I've got two dogs and two kids, who i take to the park regulary and wait for this shock horror!!.. i let them off the lead to run about! do they really cause that much trouble? That much trouble you had to start an anti dog campaign? No is the answer your looking for misrey guts!!!

Whats the point of taking a dog to a big open park to let it sit there on a lead? it would be like letting my kids watch others playing on the swings but not letting them have a go

well said paul :hihi:

It's actually a very valid point, At least most dog owners know where their dogs are after dark.

What is crap is your punctuation, grammar and spelling.

Great comeback :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be saying that when the only people rescuing your parks and playgrounds from abuse are the dog walkers you have so much disdain for.

i think there should be a fenced area where dogs can do there do dos

When I were nobbut a lad I am sure HP had a notice at the gates stating NO Cycling,Dogs must be on a lead.Whether it was a bye law or not I don't know.

Probably scrapped or can't afford the extra paint to put it on.

Dead right thats the way it was, usually on all parks, ALL dogs should be on leads, the retractable ones are perfectly adequate to let the dogs run and then be able to reign them in near kids,joggers or other dogs ect. Sitting back now and waiting for what about cyclists then.