Libdem support in freefall since entering Government

Why not picket the Labour conference? They were pretty keen on outsourcing and on encouraging illegal immigration to help suppress wages.

Because they are the better of the parties. Don't get me wrong, as a public sector worker I cursed them every time they mentioned public sector cuts, but they would have made cuts where they had to, not where the mood took them.

The Government (short may they reign) are going to lay off thousands and thousands of public sector workers, then give them bugger all in redundancy and unemployment benefits all because the Governments own Banker families cocked up the worlds economy

so labour cuts are fine, even though they will be pretty much the same as the ones the coalition are probably going to end up making?

of course, the fact that the labour government not only allowed but encouraged some bankers to mess up the world economy is immaterial?

Edited by esme
quote tags

I usually completely ignore party conferences but I'm quite looking forward to the LibDem conference in a couple of week's time even though I'm a bit squeamish about the sight of blood.

Liverpool as a venue will, I think, turn out to be a big mistake :D

Yes, the outcome of the election. More people voted to keep the Tories out of power than voted for them.

Which means nothing in the current parliamentry system. In the previous election more people voted to keep labour out of power than voted to put them in power and...

Standard practice is that when there is a Hung Parliment the party already in power is supposed to be given the first opportunity to try and form a coillition government, only if that fails are the others supposed to look at that. The ConDems ignored this because they are scum. Get used to it!:gag:

There were talks between the lib dems and both labour and the conservatives to form a new parliament. Given that labour + the lib dems seats were not enough to form a majority it would have required other parties too and to anyone remotely sensible was always going to be a non starter.

so labour cuts are fine, even though they will be pretty much the same as the ones the coalition are probably going to end up making?

of course, the fact that the labour government not only allowed but encouraged some bankers to mess up the world economy is immaterial?

They wouldn't have thown the baby out with the bath water.

What the current government is going is putting public spending on a crash diet, like a crash diet, you may achieve your goal quicker than a more sensible slower diet, but unlike a sensible diet, you are likely to gain it all back and some pretty quickly.

Senior Bankers should know about money management, no government can lead them astray, they are forever leading themselves there, it's about time they grew some stones and admitted their failure instead of blaming the Governments of the world for their cockups

Edited by esme
quote tags

Mod Note

Be careful with the quote tags when quoting other users please, the square brackets are important and a closing "

" is needed as well