Bus service,Sheffield to Barnsley

Hi all,

tried going on the First group website but cannot seem to bring up a bus timetable of a bus that goes from Sheffield city centre to Barnsley. It is For my Nan to catch whilst i am away as i normally take her in the car so we aren't really clued up with buses.

Can anyone tell me of any numbers that do go from Sheff town Centre to Barnsley town centre please?

Thanks very much

265 is the best 1

Thanks, is that from the bus station or a different road like wiangate or arundel?

Thanks

Thr train from the Midland Station or Meadowhall is quicker

So far as i know the 265 is the only bus between Sheffield And Barnsley and it only runs hourly during the daytime, it is sheduled to leave Pond St at either 5 or 10 minutes to the hour but is more often than not late or does,nt run ,it must be the worst bus service in the area

First do not run buses between barnsley and sheffield and havnt done so for some years

AS stated above the 265 is the only one its always worth trying this site first for public transport :

http://www.transportdirect.info/Web2/Home.aspx?repeatingloop=Y

it helps if you know the post code of the start and finish

dont forget the passport though, when you get to the Barnsley boundary

Thanks, is that from the bus station or a different road like wiangate or arundel?

Thanks

It leaves from the bus station but calls on the Wicker, somewhere, if that's easier for you.

the 265 its operated by stagecoach in barnsley it leaves sheffield interchange,pond street,wicker,burngreave road,barnsley road,ecclesfield,chapletown if that helps

265- Sheffield to Barnsley a very good bus Service indeed from Stage Coach,more Reliable than the First bus service to get to Ecclesfield an then to Barnsley