Mobile speed camera on Carlisle Street right now. (7th July)

In the interest of road safety I thought I would let you all know that the mobile camera is currently on Carlisle Street.

The Camera safety partnership people would want you to know.

:)

They would. That's why they tell you every week where they are going to be.

http://www.safetycamera.org/camera-locations/where-are-the-mobiles

Probably even more often now that a cafe has opened directly opposite one of their parking locations!

Really? I thought the speed road safety camera was located close to the petrol station further away from town.

In the interest of road safety I thought I would let you all know that the mobile camera is currently on Carlisle Street.

The Camera safety partnership people would want you to know.

:)

A fine example of good citizenship neeeeeeek. I thank you for your concern regarding our safety, it is duly noted.

yes it got me the other night doin about 38 - 40mph as i was just comin from the lights thru the crossroads up hill past the garage and there it was "flash" (bastardo) sat in the layby on the left !! gutted i ended up turning round and going back to ask and maybe try me luck on havin this pic removed, but he wasnt wearing it i ended up puttin my point across about what i thought !!

(money grabbing) especially at 21:10 at night !! butg after all it's my fault and should stick to 30mph but lets be honest that rd doin 30 it feels like you could walk faster !! only had license back 5 months aswell, hope they offer me the 80 quid fine and quick course rather than gain points again !!

yes it got me the other night doin about 38 - 40mph as i was just comin from the lights thru the crossroads up hill past the garage and there it was "flash" (bastardo) sat in the layby on the left !! gutted i ended up turning round and going back to ask and maybe try me luck on havin this pic removed, but he wasnt wearing it i ended up puttin my point across about what i thought !!

(money grabbing) especially at 21:10 at night !! butg after all it's my fault and should stick to 30mph but lets be honest that rd doin 30 it feels like you could walk faster !! only had license back 5 months aswell, hope they offer me the 80 quid fine and quick course rather than gain points again !!

Im sorry to hear you were trapped and robbed by these thieves.

i work on this road near petrol station and see it almost daily at different locations on the st :(

if your coming from spital hill end a company put a sign on road saying speed camera ahead :D

Originally Posted by slimsid2000

In the interest of safety i avoid that part of town at all times. Thanks for the advice though.

Off topic but come on sid, explain.

As he's from Dore he probably never visits the Eastend of the city as might be a tad too rough for him.

I live and work in this area and it's not too bad at all really.

You would be surprised how many self made men from the eastend now live in places in the south west of Sheffield. The eastend isn't rough, it never really was, infact the east end that I used to know doesn't exist anymore.

If you know it that well tell me where The Grey Horse was situated, and where Selbourne Street was, what ex footballer used to run The Travellers Rest?

i've got the notification through door, it was 35 mph i was doing :-( oooooph 5 mph over what a crime never mind eh !!

i've got the notification through door, it was 35 mph i was doing :-( oooooph 5 mph over what a crime never mind eh !!

Sir you are as bad as Hitler and should be shot at dawn. Seriously though, bad luck, there's no way Carlisle Street should be 30mph.

Sir you are as bad as Hitler and should be shot at dawn. Seriously though, bad luck, there's no way Carlisle Street should be 30mph.

i know m8 you feel like your pushing the car on foot at that speed and it's wide enough for a boeing 747 to take off and land on !