Nick Clegg runs away!

I think you will find i said a young man not UMPTEEN people 1 young man. The others that wanted to address him had gone to the rear but he wanted to avoid them !!!!

I feel it's a little unfair that a Sheffield MP is not allowed to get on with his job without umpteen people trying to waylay him with protests and brickbats. Maybe if they went to something that's supposed to be a public Q&A session, they could ask him some questions?

They are by invitation and ticket only.

Edited by rossyrooney
spacing

Guest sibon
I feel it's a little unfair that a Sheffield MP is not allowed to get on with his job without umpteen people trying to waylay him with protests and brickbats. Maybe if they went to something that's supposed to be a public Q&A session, they could ask him some questions?

I think that it is entirely fair that people try to waylay a politician to ask him about his extraordinary vault-face.

Indeed. I'm proud to live in a country where that is possible.

Maybe for a minority of top end public sector workers but the average local government pension is just £4,000 (£2,600 for women). Hardly "gold plated"

Public sector pensions are inflation-proof and guaranteed. That's about as good a definition of gold plating as I can think of; and they remain that way whether they're £2,000 or £200,000.

i think this quote best sums the liberals up

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.”

Groucho Marx

Nick Clegg isn't the MP for Sheffield.

He hasn't betrayed anyone - he's doing exactly what it's always said on his tin.

Wrong! i backed him, if i would have known he would pair up with the tories i would never have backed him in a million yrs so yes HE DID MISLEAD PEOPLE!!

Infact all the Lib dems have misled people, Clegg and Cable are the biggest liars! Both said trident should be gone, Raising VAT would be madness and a £10,000 tax break for the lowest earners!

Both got some power and guess what?

Vat rise 2.5%

Trident still going ahead

Tax break up £1000 to just Over £7,000 for EVERYONE even the countries biggest earner's.

Oh and dont forget how many times Clegg said stiffer penalties for Bank's which funnily enough was another lie!

Dan please think before talking rubbish like that "he never misled anyone"

Oh give us all a break, you lefties would have lorded him if he had kept Gordon the moron in Downing Street. :gag:

Whats with the lefties?

I would have lauded him if he had explained to Sheffield people that he had explored every avenue available to him rather than sit smugly by the side of Cameron.

the liberals have become the torys 'bitch' wheeled out to give the bad news.

interesting to note how 'boy george' was flanked by danny alexander and clegg at the budget.

do the libs not realise they are being used as the 'bearers of bad news' by the torys.

the torys must be laughing their asses off at how gullible the libs are and how a bit of power has gone to their heads and caused them to desert all their principles :(

Edited by steve1272

Whats with the lefties?

I would have lauded him if he had explained to Sheffield people that he had explored every avenue available to him rather than sit smugly by the side of Cameron.

You would never have believed him. It seems most people in sheffield couldnt care less what he says, - he gets called names constantly on here, blamed for things out of his control, and people want to lynch him - im not surprised he didnt want to meet the crowd.

ps: your just ****** off that you support a party that screwed things up.

Whats with the lefties?

How is he supposed to sit at the side of Cameron? Should he look sad, or should he pull faces at him when he's not looking? Would he have been better sitting beside Brown and staring up at him in awe of his one eyed Scottish idiotship?

Is this the first time he's been in Sheffield since the announcement?

He should have come to Sheffield, explained it and let real people ask him questions about it.

Instead he did, just like rossyronney said, sit back and hide. I'd also like to see him try to explain why he blocked money that would have opened up £600 MILLION of private money for the redevelopment of Sheffield city centre.

Shame! Shame! A politician should be answerable to the people. Just because he's in government doesn't give him the right to hide away from us!

How is he supposed to sit at the side of Cameron? Should he look sad, or should he pull faces at him when he's not looking? Would he have been better sitting beside Brown and staring up at him in awe of his one eyed Scottish idiotship?

The labour party has spit the dummy out. There like kids..."if your his friend, your not mine" ...that kind of thing