Anyone know what happened at the Anvil, Stannington Road?

sorry double posted. Really feel for this lad and hope he pulls through.

Edited by vikki

The poor kid, I live a stones throw away, have seen it taped off with lots of activity all day. they have cleared off now though. I just hope the kid recovers fully and the culprits are quickly caught and prosecuted.

Poor lad, hope he is o.k. and they catch the idiots who attacked him. It is coming to something when you can't walk home after a night ouy without getting set upon by feral scum.

Thinking of this person and his family and sending positive healing thoughts.

My Son on occasion walks home from work that way late at night/early morning so this incident really brings it home to me.

x

Thinking of this person and his family and sending positive healing thoughts.

From me also, this is awful and feel so much for the family right now. My son was attacked by young lads whilst visiting friends in the same area, ended up having emergency surgery. I know how i felt that night. 2 years later in the same area he and his girlfriend were approached by 3 lads weilding chains and bats. I used to wory about my daughters being out at night now after these incidents i only settle when i know my son is home not that he really goes out anywhere much these days :(

I cant understand why anyone would beat someone like that?? fair neough a fight 1 on 1 and then do 1, but not beat someone badly. Pussys!!

Totally feel for the individual and his family, what is the city coming to. These people need finding and locking up.

South Yorkshire police tell us violent crimes / assaults like this are on the down big time thanks to their presence and hard work, however Street robberies are on the up and are by far the worst crime in Sheffield at the minute.......Therefore what do you do now SYP?? place into your notes that the hooded thugs tried to steal something from the poor lad just to keep your statistics looking fruitful??

Truth of the matter is that there are horrid thoughtless people all around us, who simply get kicks from commiting horrible crimes like this, the bare no thoughts for the person they attack, or their friends and families. And due to the fact they usually don't get caught, this then fuels their confidence to go out and do it again.

My thoughts are with the poor lad in hospital, hope you pull through and are soon back on your feet fighting fit, and to all of your friends and family as well as you i send my best wishes and hope that whoever did this gets collared, if not by the police then by you! (not that im encouraging violence, however I personally wouldnt fault you if you did!).

Although i dont agree with the beating, a thought came across my mind wondering what and why they attacked this lad?? we dont know the full details do we?

Poor lad, hope he is o.k. and they catch the idiots who attacked him. It is coming to something when you can't walk home after a night ouy without getting set upon by feral scum.

We don't know they are idiots. The term idiot implies some sort of simple minded but harmless village bumpkin. Although we cannot speculate at this stage earliy indications are that whoever did this was not so much an idiot but evil. Im no psyciatrist but it is hard to conclude that this was anything other than a premediatated and delibertely evil act carried out by persons whose values are not those of human beings.

They should not be released from prision until they are at least 70 years old.

Edited by slimsid2000

I know the person who this happened to personally, he is in a VERY bad way, the thugs have broke almost every bone in his face, and he got impaled when they realised they went too far and went too chuck him over the railings at the anvil so that people couldn't see him as they went past. He is now in intensive care in a coma with suspected brain damage and both his legs are broken.

The evil people deserve a long time locked away. I have a huge amount of faith in the SY police will find these animals and have them put away!

The lad this has happened to is a lovely lad only aged 20 who has a huge circle of friends. The posts on his facebook page show how much he was loved and known by everyone.

Get well soon Luke, xx

I know the person who this happened to personally, he is in a VERY bad way, the thugs have broke almost every bone in his face, and he got impaled when they realised they went too far and went too chuck him over the railings at the anvil so that people couldn't see him as they went past. He is now in intensive care in a coma with suspected brain damage and both his legs are broken.

The evil people deserve a long time locked away. I have a huge amount of faith in the SY police will find these animals and have them put away!

The lad this has happened to is a lovely lad only aged 20 who has a huge circle of friends. The posts on his facebook page show how much he was loved and known by everyone.

Get well soon Luke, xx

my heart and prayers are truly with him and his family