Who's your favourite member of staff in Sheffield?

Lestat

Originally posted by samc

Dilys at WH Smith. She has assisted me 3 times and I'll never forget her name and smile.

Funny you should say that - she was the person who I thought of straightaway when I saw this thread. She remembers my name every single time I go into WHSmith (admittedly quite often!) and is always helpful and friendly.

Hard one this. I've been racking my brains and then realised it is glaringly obvious: my GP, for her encouragement over the past few years with one thing or another and most recently my voice loss. Those 7 minute appointments dont exist in her book. She has always given me as much time as I needed for the issues in hand at any given time. And she's like that with all of her patients. A very rare gem in this day and age.

Id like to nominate some of my nursing colleagues at the hallamshire hospital.

not all of em, cos some of em havent a clue how to talk to/treat patients with dignity or courtesy.

however, there are some of us still about.....so id like to nominate them:D

sue:D

Originally posted by samsmum

Id like to nominate some of my nursing colleagues at the hallamshire hospital.

not all of em, cos some of em havent a clue how to talk to/treat patients with dignity or courtesy.

however, there are some of us still about.....so id like to nominate them:D

sue:D

Seconded :thumbsup:

Nearly all the nurses I've met at the Hallamshire over the years have been lovely, kind people who've gone out of their way to be helpful and supportive. I'm very grateful to you all, Sue, cheers!

There's always the odd exception, but a really big Thank You to the nurses at the Hallamshire :thumbsup:

StarSparkle

The Asian taxi-drivers who live with their families on Clarke Square, off London Road, are truely top blokes. They once spent nearly two hours cheerfully changing a particualrly tricky car tire for me, and pumping up the spare, even though it was snowing. Then they seemed genuinely touched when I got them a box of Roses as a thank-you.

The landlord and lady at the Cremorne are also lovely folk.

This isn't a member of staff many people come across but,

My vote goes to Sarah an Occupational Therapist at the Northern General who kept me going for 10 long months whilst I was trying to get the use back into my arm after an accident.

Archived