Yorkshire terrier or westie

just wondering if anyone new a good breeders of any of these two dogs as i am wanting a puppy, dont really want to be spending loads but want it to be from good stock obviously.

Edited by spadge

just wondering if anyone new a good breeders of any of these two dogs as i am wanting a puppy, dont really want to be spending loads but want it to be from good stock obviously.

Hello same here did you get sorted ?

im replying hopeing someone has info regards sellers of yorkys or westy's.

any help appreciated.

thanks jud

there a website called pets4homes.co.uk there breeders and that on there

Personally neither both need regular grooming and can have alot of health problems if not from someone who is bothered about what they are breeding from. If you are buying a cheap pup please be careful as chances are it will end up costing you in the future and you may also end up supporting backyard breeding without realising.

Have a look at the breed rescues and see if they have anything suitabhle for you.

try westie rehoming. in laws have just got a lovely little girl from there

You will not get a cheap pup from good stock! You are far better (if you want a pup) paying the price from a decent breeder, or it may cost you big time in the future. We have a westie (bought as an adult) and he has a few problems, inc being gluten intolerant, and allergies. he is an amazing dog & my baby, but has cost a fair bit in vets bills.

You will not get a cheap pup from good stock! You are far better (if you want a pup) paying the price from a decent breeder, or it may cost you big time in the future. We have a westie (bought as an adult) and he has a few problems, inc being gluten intolerant, and allergies. he is an amazing dog & my baby, but has cost a fair bit in vets bills.

Hiya Marie :D

I would also look at westie rehoming as they probably have some lovely older dogs there :)

Edited by Greavsy

For years i have spent a fortune buying pedigree dogs. When my last one died I was talked into visiting the RSPCA before i spent a load of money. I spotted a cross bred terrier.

Against my better judgement I took him.

Reg is the king of all dogs, he is without doubt the greatest dog that ever lived. He is the worlds best guard, baby sitter, mentor, listener and friend. When we go for a walk we have long meaningful conversations about the meaning of life. He aquaints me on the canine perspective.

Before you make your decision please remeber there are dogs in the RSPCA and other Rescues that NEED a home.

contact the breed club for each and they are often the best place to go for knowledgable breed spscific advice. they will give you info on reputable breeders you may have to travel to find one though and as others have said a good quality pup doesnt come cheap. i would esp be careful buying a westie they are so highly bred now they are so popular they can have a massive amount of health probs the most common being skin disorders and allergies. good luck with your search

thanks all im sorted , got myself a tiny yorkie now 12 wk old and she's gorgeous.