Hi List Tracing Your Family History

Thanks a lot Tosh.Cheers

Hi John Donna is over for a few day's & sends her best regards cheers Tosh

ive waited about 8 days now the gro must be busy.

i knew a family with the name hackett. they lived at 171 douglas road parkwood springs.

john the father, sylvia the mother, john the son, kieth the son, who is now a famous football referee, stephen a son, and denise was the only daughter

Hi Cher

I am a granddaughter of an Oakman, I was just wondering what your connection was.

I am trying to trace some bits about the oakman tree.

Hope you dont mind

Thanks

Ducktoes

i hsve been doing my family tree on my pc for 3 years and havemade contact with descendents of my g/g/grandparents in Brisbane

Montrealand California which has enabled me to trace my family tree back into the early 1600,s

i have just subscribed to http://www.ancestry.co.uk , for the 1891 census,i have found this reallyhelpful and have gathered a lot of information. when searching the 1901 census,i found a lot of the men head of household missing due to them serving in the armed forces ,it cost me £25 for 3mnths registration, or you can pay £6 for 20 views.

Originally posted by cher

Hi List,

I found the Sheffield forum by chance and if it is okay thought I might ask a question.

I am interested in family history and I wondered if there was anyone out there with similar interests.

Looking for anyone researching the Revills, Hackets,Gillotts in Sheffield. Lingards in Sheffield and Eckington, Watkinson's in Sheffield.Any advice welcome as I have hit a brick wall with my Revills and Lingards.

Thanks Everyone.

Cher:thumbsup:

Hi Cher

only just seen your post and thought l'd put my two pennies worth in. M y best friend as a kid was a Terry Revill, l'm talking sixty years ago, there was his Mother Father and an elder brother and they lived at 59 Studley road Darnall. Hope there's a connection

Hi.

Used to go to school with a certain John Watkinson if that helps. Still have contact details. Cheers

I knew a Joe Revill a Arthur Lingard and there was a large family of Gillots in the park district but this is many many moons ago,Arthur.