Does Sheffield frustrate you ?

No. it's great and fab and cheaper than London and not as pretentious as Leeds or as violent as Manchester or as boring as Birmingham. Granted it isn't Vienna or Buenos Aires....but ffs, we live in a small city near a National Park in the middle of Northern England.....what do you want? Herds of Wildebeast sweeping majestically across the plains? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon?

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

and the same old people saying everyone should be built from an Ikea manual.

that's rubbish just because someone appreciates a well designed new building doesn't mean they don't like some of the older architecture and i fail to see what's "Ikea Manual" about the cheesgrater

however i've seen you on EVERY post about ANY new building in this city demanding they be torn down and slating them.

At one point you even had a link to a petition demanding that Sevenstone be blocked.

Many things frustrate me about Sheffield, but I would rather live nowhere else. For all it's faults and negatives, Sheffield to me, is a wonderful little city with lots of potential.

My major frustration is that not enough has been done to capitalise on the development of the riverside areas. I would love to see the markets pulled down so that a park can be installed on the site of the old castle, exposing the old foundations and whatever is left of the walls.

lets take this a bit further in light of one or two comments .......anyone follow SkyscraperCity and its thread on Sheffield ?

yes i do, i find it different on here, people like to think out of the box, whilst i understand that many on here have lived here all their lives and love the look and feel of the city as it is, i think they refuse to see that it needs to move forward. Maybe some of the new buildings are of poor design but for sheffield to benefit financialy, investment is needed and it needs updating.

i mentioned green spaces because sooner or later, someone will come out saying that it needs more greenery, in between its lovely 60's and 70's buildings. the sheffield is a lovely place that welcomes all, it just needs some updating.

keep the heritage/regeneration themes on the agenda- let's widen it.

how long does it take to get things done? Is there a lack of imagination amongst the movers and shakers? Are we well served by the council and others? By the local media? Can local talent get on in Sheffield ? Regional/ European/World City ? Or biggest village?

Inertia? conservative[small 'c'] Little Mesters? Strength or Achilles Heel?

that's rubbish just because someone appreciates a well designed new building doesn't mean they don't like some of the older architecture and i fail to see what's "Ikea Manual" about the cheesgrater

however i've seen you on EVERY post about ANY new building in this city demanding they be torn down and slating them.

At one point you even had a link to a petition demanding that Sevenstone be blocked.

i remember that link too Damo, something like sevenstone is what sheffield city needs to bring it back to life and bring more investment.

I can think of many positives that outweigh any negatives about the city. Where do I start :D

It's not London, Manchester, Leeds or, God Forbid, Liverpool. :D

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.