Hgv turning right @ roundabout

Depends if the roundabout is in a residential area, there may be weight restrictions on that said road, the HGV lorry(s) may require highway assistance or even have to use a different route, there are usually restriction signs though, thats if they was ever there to start with.

can anyone tell me which lane an hgv should be in : when turning right at a roundabout, can they use the outside lane and indicate to go right,what is right. please advise

many thanks

Yes - if an HGV is indicating right it is wise not to try to get between the lorry and the central island.

The HGV is right, lorrys are allowed to straddle both lanes to complete a turn safely when the need arises.

I think all learner drivers need to sit in a lorry for 30mins just to get an idea of how difficult it is driving a lorry compared to a car so that when they do get on the road they are more lorry aware.

can anyone tell me which lane an hgv should be in : when turning right at a roundabout, can they use the outside lane and indicate to go right,what is right. please advise

many thanks

The clue is in the question - he's indicating to turn right so he intends to turn right.

At least he's using his indicators (to let you know his intentions) unlike

most motorists at roundabouts.

In these circumstances, be patient and hold back for a few precious seconds, he was probably taking it wide in order to prevent his back wheels from mounting the roundabout.

HGV's can't always keep in the "correct" lane - good drivers understand and respect this.

If anyone has a problem with a Heavy Goods Vehicle they should

try driving a Heavy Goods Vehicle.

If you have a lorry bus or attic in front of you at a roundabout if you have any road sense you stay behind not a lot of drivers do try to over take and undertake as these large vehicles are liable to have to use both lanes to get through the roundabout the same app lies to a large vehicle turning left it amazes me when a large veh signals a left turn and has to pull out in to the outside lane to have room to turn left how many car drivers try to go though on the left.

The idea of learners having a drive in a large veh i have believed in for years just give them a insight what it is like the same for people who pass there test should be taken on to motorways