Should Sheffield have night buses?

Taxis would still have the advantage of flexibility - the 1am bus is little use to you if you staggered out of the nightclub at two minutes past.

It's a point, though, but only one point among many. Night buses would be a good thing in many ways, and the fact that taxis might lose some of their income doesn't offset all of them.

Never mind the cost or the times...:(...with todays drunks and thugs..(who are bad enough when sober)..:gag:

Imagine having to take them home at 3am, drunk, obnoxious,..wanting to beat everybody up...if my partner was a bus driver, i wouldnt want him in the middle of this...:loopy:

This will never happen as taxi drivers will be outside the town hall with banners.

And that sort of crowd would have them quaking in their boots.

If a company registers a service under the terms of the 1986 act there is NOTHING they can do - end of story.

I used to get night buses in wolverhampton when I lived at home as a teenager (late 90's). Everyone was drunk but many people fell asleeep as it was 12 miles and took an hour. There was a bouncer on the bus in addition to the driver. They were great, lets get them here:)