Thanks for the cigarette butt

http://www.forteantimes.com/strangedays/mythbusters/440/petrol_and_cigarettes.html

3. If the correct fuel vapour/air ratio present, there is a huge risk of the car being engulfed in flames.

The 'correct' mix/ratio will not arise in the open air.

Edited by cgksheff

I ride a motorcycle and am regularly hit by cigarettes thrown from cars.

Some childish bikers follow the cars and when they park up snap the mirrors off. "Butt" as they say 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Whilst I won't lose any sleep over the OP's poor car, I hate people that litter. My rant would be aimed at this person's inability to use their ashtray more than anything.

evidently they need bigger ashtrays in BMW's

trouble is they'd need to make something else smaller to accommodate the larger ashtray

and they can't really make the p*nis or the brain of the driver any smaller than they are already, which is pretty microscopic as is, so they have to throw stuff out of the windows

I ride a motorcycle and am regularly hit by cigarettes thrown from cars.
It's only mildly more infuriating than jealous drivers who spray their windshield on purpose when you follow them (even at a distance) in a convertible ;) (:rant:)

Manners an'all that...

trouble is they'd need to make something else smaller to accommodate the larger ashtray

and they can't really make the p*nis or the brain of the driver any smaller than they are already, which is pretty microscopic as is, so they have to throw stuff out of the windows

Truely awful banter.

3. If the correct fuel vapour/air ratio present, there is a huge risk absolutely tiny risk so small that you might as well not think about it of the car being engulfed in flames.

my bold: correction for you.

You are quite obviously a blithering buffoon.

I am not supporting throwing fag ends out of car windows. However - doing so means my hand has to leave the stearing wheel for only a couple of seconds, and I can remain constantly watching the road. To put my fag out in the ashtray - because of their stupid location, perhaps, I have to look down, and then try to stub the thing out whilst not setting fire or melting anything and is much more dangerous.

Best thing would be not to smoke whilst driving - which is fine for short distances. Alternatively smoke roll ups as these tend to go out on their own and can be simply dropped in the ashtray without too much distraction.

Why not ban smoking in cars ?

Yeah you try to ban me from smoking in my own car and see where it gets you. I reckon there would be lots of people turning up at court for such an offence.

Are you sure it's not your brain that's limited in it's capacity to see beyond stereotypes?

I saw a Vectra driver throw a cigarette out of his window this morning, are all Vectra drivers the same as that littering twit?