Greggs sandwich shop London Road

Greggs is as much of a sandwich shop as Boots is.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Boots have a bigger range of sandwiches, most of which are of a higher quality and more reasonably priced when you get a meal deal.

Now for a proper sandwich shop you should try Woodys on Eccy Road. Chicken, bacon, mayo, cheese and lettuce on large ciabatta FTW! :-)

Each to their own re Greggs, but I'm struggling to see why the OP sings Greggs praises for sandwiches whilst slating other sandwich shops for salad consisting of just lettuce, tomato and cucumber...that's 2 ingrediants more than Greggs use!

And show me a proper sandwich shop.

Fig Tree

Rosi's

Philpotts

QC's

Grace & Flavour

Feast

Uppercrust

All within the city centre. Need any more?

Think about it logically Adrian mate, the massive regenration down there into an entended student area attracts the likes of Greggs to the area does'nt it, dozens of lazy students who would rather grab an affordable pasty for dinner rather than lift a saucepan.

I don't think this is the end of the new names that will appear within the area either, I mean since the opening of the student complex and the proposition of many more student buildings being knocked up in the area there area will attract many more of the chain shops.....So far we have seen Subway, Sainsbury's, Wilkinsons, Aldi, your greggs store and theres rumours of a new KFC off the Bramall lane roundabout too....

Fig Tree

Rosi's

Philpotts

QC's

Grace & Flavour

Feast

Uppercrust

All within the city centre. Need any more?

Belly Busters and Scott's Pantry near the Hallamshire. Belly's large sarnis are about as big a a dinner plate :P

subway all the way!!!! the ultimate bespoke sandwhich what you want, on what you want, the way you want it. and a sub of the day at £2 good value as well.

yuk I hate greggs last time I had a pasty from there there was about a teaspoon of the cheese and onion filling in and the fat just stuck to the top of my mouth for ages afterwards. bleurgh

First time I have heard Greggs been described as a "sandwich shop".

Think that does proper sandwich shops a bit of a disservice.

They make sandwiches so what's the problem?

I find their pastries are nicer. Chicken Mayo sandwiches are abit too bland for me.

They make sandwiches so what's the problem?

But would you really call Greggs a "sandwich shop" in the true sence of the word?

No, you wouldn't.

Morrisons sell condoms, does not make them a chemist.

btw, apparently Greggs on Woodseats has got a reprieve until December, according to the latest goss. :)

But would you really call Greggs a "sandwich shop" in the true sence of the word?

No, you wouldn't.

Morrisons sell condoms, does not make them a chemist.

I dunno. I have always thought of it as a sandwich shop. I suppose you could call it a bakery too. What would you class as a sandwich shop then?