Postman leaving parcels outside door (longley)

My post man has done this numerous of times, left parcels on my doorstep and sometimes not even posted a delivery note! I've never requested for the parcels to be left on the door step or in a safe place as it's quite simple to sort a re-delivery out if I'm not in. Luckily I live in a secluded road and no parcels have gone missing. Let us know how it goes with the post office! Good luck!

my postman often leaves things on my doorstep with no note - i have no problems with that, i have always collected them fine, as i live in a nice area, where there are no thieves operating :)

there was a thread on here a few months back warning us of a van that was following delivery drivers around watching where they left parcels then wiping them up, if i remember rightly the delivery driver had delivered a microwave to a persons doorstep but the householder couldn't lift it so went next door to get his neighbour's help and by the time he got back it had gone, i believe they caught the culprit but whether you live in a nice area or not there are always thieves not far away.

Can't have owt these days.

This problem could easily be solved if when you order stuff online you arrange for it to be delivered to an address where somebody will actually be in. When I buy things on Ebay I ask for them to deliver to my work address and have never had a problem. Why doesn't the OP do the same or maybe request the parcel is delivered to a friend or relative who they know will be at home when the postman calls?

I once bought a PS2 game online (this was 4-5 years ago when I was at uni in Hull) Even though the postbox was big enough the postman just left it on the front wall, in Hull of all places! Luckly the person next door saw it on the wall when she was taking her kids to school in the morning and came round later in the day.

It was supposed to be recorded delivery. Post office said it was fine for the posties to sometimes sign it themselves :huh:

This problem could easily be solved if when you order stuff online you arrange for it to be delivered to an address where somebody will actually be in. When I buy things on Ebay I ask for them to deliver to my work address and have never had a problem. Why doesn't the OP do the same or maybe request the parcel is delivered to a friend or relative who they know will be at home when the postman calls?

Because i didnt know it was going to be that quick it came the next day, its not the point if im in or not he should take to neighbours or take it back to sorting office if im not in not leave it in a hallway of block of flats that everyone walks past

I agree the post man was wrong to do what he did, He should have took it back and posted you a note saying where to collect from. Common sense tells you not to leave it in a block of flats where it is in view, I hope your partner gets her dress/ or money back x

However, because of a rising number of complaints of lost items, posties are being told to either deliver the parcel into the hands of the householder or return it to the office.

I was a postman over ten years ago and we were told in our training never to leave a parcel anywhere, or even with a neighbour. If you couldn't deliver it you had to take it back into the office.

Phone or pop into the royal mail office at barnsley road and ask to speak to the manager it is illegal to just leave any parcel or packet outside whether its on your doorstep or in the blue bin unless the sorting office have written permission at their office from you to do so.. Think you have to allow 14 days to claim compensation.

i thought all the flats on longley farm estate had a door buzzer system now, dont you have to let them in via the intercom ?

I had £190 stolen in a 24hr rubber envelope from the main sorting office once. I sent it to a place who refused to sign for the delivery. It went back to the sorting office and was held for 21days. After the 21days past i rang up to see if it was going to get returned and it had been taken.

I had to fill out a form and prove what was in it, i sent back a bank statement with £250 withdrawn on the same day as postage and sent that, i got £250 sent back in postal orders about 2 weeks later.

That was stolen , it was recorded online etc... with full track and trace , i hope the person who took it from the shelf of the sorting office was cought.

I had £190 stolen in a 24hr rubber envelope from the main sorting office once. I sent it to a place who refused to sign for the delivery. It went back to the sorting office and was held for 21days. After the 21days past i rang up to see if it was going to get returned and it had been taken.

I had to fill out a form and prove what was in it, i sent back a bank statement with £250 withdrawn on the same day as postage and sent that, i got £250 sent back in postal orders about 2 weeks later.

That was stolen , it was recorded online etc... with full track and trace , i hope the person who took it from the shelf of the sorting office was cought.

So you made £60 profit then?