We are putting our cat down tomorrow

She's 19 and has never had anything wrong with her, towd lass has just run out of steam. She can't groom herself anymore, she's lost most of her teeth and can't walk properly.

We will miss you Elsa, have a good trip. :love:

aw bless, will be thinking of you

Arr Crookesey How sad am sorry send you a big hug.

I had to have my little dog put to sleep after he had the snip he was in so much pain its was for the best.

Heartbreaking I know my thoughts are with you.

Oh so sorry for you.

19 years is a blooming good innings though, and I hope you can take some comfort that she was spoilt rotten (if you're anything like I am with my cats!) and wanted for nothing.

Big hugs X

Sorry to hear of your impending sadness. You must have given your cat a wonderful life to hit 19 years old.

sorry to here that my feelings are with you.Our cat is 19 and shes a little bugger still chasing birds and squirrels and making sure we answer her every whim WHITHOUT question and she has the best spot in bed!!!

At least she's had a good and long and happy life with you. Sad for you.

19 years is a good long time. All the best, its horrible losing a pet.

She's 19 and has never had anything wrong with her, towd lass has just run out of steam. She can't groom herself anymore, she's lost most of her teeth and can't walk properly.

That's a fair old innings that, crookesey. She's done well.

bless her and bless you

I had a cat that lived to 18. And like yours, just seemed to fade away. It's a heartbreak, but it's what happens.

I decided I'd never have another, but after about 3 months went to the Sheffield Cat's Shelter on Travis Place at Broomhall and got a wonderful 1 year old male. Not a replacement, but a new pet.

They are such wonderful and caring people at the shelter. Perhaps you could go and have a look there when you feel ready.

Best wishes.

Oh no I am so sorry to hear this, it's a very hard decision but ultimately I hope you can take comfort in knowing that you have made the right choice for her :(

Our last cat was 20 when she finally had to be PTS due to having a tumour in her mouth than was stopping her eating. It was absolutely heart breaking. I had grown up with that cat from being 3 years old :(

I'll give my thumbs up for the Sheffield Cats Shelter as well. We have now got two youngsters from there who we love to bits. Even though they are only nearly 2 years old I'm already dreading the day they have to go off to 'rainbow bridge'.

Good luck for tomorrow :cry: