Ski village, a good place to go??

hi- i have got my 10 year old nephew this weekend and want to pack it full of fun and exciting things, i have heard that the ski village has had a re vamp and is good! Is that somewhere we could go to watch the ski'ers then do some bowling?

any views or reviews?? :help::help: all advice and recomendations welcomed julie

Havent been for some years, but Ive heard very good reports about it.

the thing about the ski village is that it's laid out like in a ski resort, so there's a bar with a deck overlooking the slopes - just give the ski village a ring and check they don't have any daft restrictions due to alcohol licencing laws in this country

There's an adventure playground for kids at the Ski Village. It's brilliant! Erm.....so my kids tell me....:blush:

thanks for your replies, i have rung the resort and it sounds great! free to watch the slopes until we decide on what to take part in, just checked the prices too and it seems very cheep! sounds like a plan for me and the nephew! thanks for your replies guys xx

glad you're all sorted :)

have fun :thumbsup:

dont waste ur money, we use snowdome and excape in leeds,

dry slopes are horrendous, expensive and in my opinion nothing like being on the real stuff.

also hurts like hell wen u fall and ruins what ever you have on ie/: rips em to shreds.

top tip if you're taking part in any activities on the dry slopes - wear mits not gloves

it's too easy to get stray fingers caught in the matting if you're wearing gloves

(and it's best to use the rented equipment to ensure you don't get any damage to your own ;) )

i teach up there most days.

if your 10yr old fancy's learning to snowboard just ask for Mini.

JL-Heating. if your falling, then drop in for a lesson. snow will let you make mistakes. dry slope wont. if your technique isnt good enough you will fall on a dry slope.

anyone who is taught by us at the ski village will learn correct technique.

i always fall both on skis and a board ...

it hurts more on a board but you dont spin ur knee caps out or break ur thumbs . :) only break ur wrists lol...

good fun though .

the ski village now has a forum as well. its linked off the snow and ski pages or you can get tehre with http://www.minimansell.com/ssv

its not very well used yet. so if your interested in the ski village please post on the forum