Apple Tablet Announcement

Cynic

Here's a good one, half the price (prob even cheaper now) and many multiple times the functionality.

But why buy something that is more useful when you can pay lots more for for something that's less usable, but has a cool half eaten apple as a logo?

Because many people are impressed by a logo and just like many people buy clothing that is no different from others and at times poorer quality, bar the logo/label on it.

and if/when its JailBroken you can multi task properly with an app called backgrounder, i havent noticed any change in my iPhones battery life doing this.. so battery life for the reason to not do multi tasking is a load of ****

No it's Apple deciding what we should and shouldn't do. I use Macs and apart from the OS I tend not to use Apple software as it's too limiting.

You shouldn't have to hack one's phone/tablet to get such basic functionality.

No it's Apple deciding what we should and shouldn't do. I use Macs and apart from the OS I tend not to use Apple software as it's too limiting.

There does seem to be a trend of being less about letting creative people be creative and more about selling you stuff.... apps, movies and music on the iPhone, now books, mags and newspapers. "Buy, buy more. Buy more and be happy" I saw quoted today. Not far off the mark?

Indeed.

What one consumer thinks of as basic might be considered advanced by another. If a device lacks desired functionality, then the answer's simple for that person - don't buy one.

What one consumer thinks of as basic might be considered advanced by another. If a device lacks desired functionality, then the answer's simple for that person - don't buy one.

Being able to play music whilst surfing or doing anything else would be deemed as extremely basic. Multitaking is what computers excel at, yet Apple don't think we should have this fundamental ability.

This is the same stupid we know better attitude that nearly destroyed Apple when they were last big and powerful in the 90s.

But what also annoys some people is that Apple only even exist through the support of those in design/graphics/photography and ironically Microsoft helping to bail them out. Yet now they are moving away from professional computer kit [and pesky more demanding users] and are concentrating on dumb consumers who don't know much about anything and who are attracted to pretty shiny things. Can't blame Apple as it's way more profitable to do that and that's all they are interested in when it comes down to it, just like every other copmpany.