Talk Talk broadband in Sheffield, S20

I live in S20 and have just gone onto Talk Talk broadband. I have to say I find it disappointing. I have quite a fast laptop, its new and yet more often than not my internet pages hang/freeze or I get the internet explorer cannot open this page ... it was extremely rare that I had this problem when I lived in a Virgin Media cable area. My housemate has a Vista laptop and this has a lot of problems connecting with the wireless broadband.

Just wondered if anyone else in Sheffield experiences problems with Talk Talk broadband being slow or broadband in general, sharing a BT exchange slow?

I live in S20 and have just gone onto Talk Talk broadband. I have to say I find it disappointing. I have quite a fast laptop, its new and yet more often than not my internet pages hang/freeze or I get the internet explorer cannot open this page ... it was extremely rare that I had this problem when I lived in a Virgin Media cable area. My housemate has a Vista laptop and this has a lot of problems connecting with the wireless broadband.

Just wondered if anyone else in Sheffield experiences problems with Talk Talk broadband being slow or broadband in general, sharing a BT exchange slow?

Talk Talk broadband, load of rubbish, ours was always dropping, 5-6 times a day, and dont even bother calling their helpdesk, cos nothing is ever there fault.

Talk Talk sometimes has a problem connecting (not their fault) just use the assist and go disc they supply, enter id and password and connect , never failed for me .Also if you phone the helpline when they diagnose your connection they are only do the same as the disc can do.

Yes, my mum and I both live in S20, I am with Virgin Media and very rarely have problems, in fact it's amazingly fast!

My mum, on the other hand is with Talk Talk an it's c**p. Ridiculously slow to start up and often freezes. She signed up when the Talk Talk reps were doing the rounds a few months before christmas. The deal sounded too good to be true... I think it probably was.

My advice: don't waste any more time with Talk Talk. You've got a good laptop, pay a bit more and get decent Broadband to go with it.

Oh god. I had the TalkTalk reps round on the Bank Holiday after Xmas. Was with BT for home phone and AOL for internet. Switched, 'Live' date today. Well it said today for both, yet when I called the other day I was told phone today, BB on 22nd Jan. Phone switched over, they said BB by 12 midnight. No interupptions yet so presuming I am not Live on BB yet. Still haven't rec'd my modem etc anyway (although I could connect using current modem I suppose). Spent 59 mins on hold before they answered, told me to ring their Equipment line to find out where my router is as he couldn't put me through. Rang it several times, keeps getting transferred back to Customer Services etc etc. Rang again a few hours later (about 2hrs ago), told systems down, can I ring back tomorrow.

I have signed to the package of about £26 a month for line rental, free calls to landlines including 084 and 087 numbers (not 09 numbrs though obv.). I was paying £15 to AOL and getting £100+ bills every quarter from BT, my DD with them set at £43 a month at present although it would have come down I guess. Seems ok but hoping the service is ok! Not impressed today so far!

Oh god. I had the TalkTalk reps round on the Bank Holiday after Xmas. Was with BT for home phone and AOL for internet. Switched, 'Live' date today. Well it said today for both, yet when I called the other day I was told phone today, BB on 22nd Jan. Phone switched over, they said BB by 12 midnight. No interupptions yet so presuming I am not Live on BB yet. Still haven't rec'd my modem etc anyway (although I could connect using current modem I suppose). Spent 59 mins on hold before they answered, told me to ring their Equipment line to find out where my router is as he couldn't put me through. Rang it several times, keeps getting transferred back to Customer Services etc etc. Rang again a few hours later (about 2hrs ago), told systems down, can I ring back tomorrow.

I have signed to the package of about £26 a month for line rental, free calls to landlines including 084 and 087 numbers (not 09 numbrs though obv.). I was paying £15 to AOL and getting £100+ bills every quarter from BT, my DD with them set at £43 a month at present although it would have come down I guess. Seems ok but hoping the service is ok! Not impressed today so far!

An hour on hold!! Blimey, you've got some patience!

I pay £14.99 per month to Virgin, in addition I pay BT separately (£4.99 per month for calls, anytime, unlimited as long as any one call does not exceed 1 hour - in which case you hang up and re-dial!) plus their line rental of about £12.00 per month. Like I said, my broadband is amazing and it rarely lets me down.