Talk Talk broadband in Sheffield, S20

I don't live in S20 but have had no end of problems with Talk Talk broadband :(

I'm only with them because we don't live in a cabled area and they offer free international calls.

Basically they will rather say they won't fix the broadband because it is a 'free add on' which apparently means they don't have to bother!

They tried it with us but after a lot of complaining they finally fixed the problem (it was a problem with some hardware at the exchange).

Still have random drop offs, slow downs, etc now though.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys. Had a lot of problems with TalkTalk back when they supplied our service.

- low MTU rate

- connection drop

- ridiculous queue time to speak to someone

- "well the broadband is free, so what do you expect?" response from staff; would have made me laugh if I wasn't so fed up

- eighteen month contract so you have plenty of time to regret it

I'm now with O2 on ADSL as cable is not available in this area. In the last eighteen months there has been just one outage (loss of service). They texted me half an hour before it happened to warn me and service was restored within an hour. O2 have no minimum contract length so you're welcome to leave them at any time and their customer services are both free to call and UK based.

No contest really for the extra £12 a month for a BT line and paying O2 the same as I was paying TalkTalk.

Cable, however, is the way to go for fast, reliable broadband. If you haven't seen the new part-cabled (super ADSL) services being rolled out across Sheffield and available soon, you should check out the Sheffield Digital Region initiative.

Talk Talk sometimes has a problem connecting (not their fault) just use the assist and go disc they supply, enter id and password and connect , never failed for me .Also if you phone the helpline when they diagnose your connection they are only do the same as the disc can do.

If you have to put a disc in regularly that isn't right

Talktalk are obliged to give a 30 day cooling off period from signing, so you can change youre mind without penalty within then.

http://pressoffice.talktalk.co.uk/company_info/code_of_practice/?phpMyAdmin=0f0a850a9f027986a254b43352595a5e

I used that cooling off period to get out. Glad I did. The service and support was awful.

Be careful, they will offer to extend it to 60 days. You may then find after like 45 days when you still want to leave it was actually 30 days after all and you're stuck with the crap service for 18 months.