What's your favourite "Power Ballad"?

Deavon

Originally posted by mojoworking

Let's have it in the original East Anglian dialect timo. Allan Smethurst's sole chart hit is more correctly known as "Hev Yew Gotta Loight Bor?" ;)

As for Val, I always feel "Paddy McGinty's Goat" is more representative of his neo-psychedelic work

dont forget that val doonican once appeared on the old grey whistle test in the 70s:loopy:

some power ballads for me

boston -amanda.

asia- heat of the moment

steve perry -foolish heart

heart -theres the girl

reo speedwaggon- take it on the run

meatloaf -read em and weep

Originally posted by panda79

dont forget that val doonican once appeared on the old grey whistle test in the 70s:loopy:

some power ballads for me

boston -amanda.

asia- heat of the moment

steve perry -foolish heart

heart -theres the girl

reo speedwaggon- take it on the run

meatloaf -read em and weep

panda79 - I remember that now, he played Stone Fox Chase (the OGWT theme tune) as a harmonica duet with Charlie McCoy from Area Code 615

timo - I do have a copy of the Singing Postman single and yes, you remembered the line correctly. I'll try and get around to transcribing the lyrics for you (I can't find them on Google)

Mojo,

Thanks for that, my pal. I would appreciate that greatly. When convenient, please pm the lyrics to me. Wasn't Smethurst from Suffolk? I have a dash of Suffolk ancestry, so maybe the song triggered some 'ethnic memory' in me as a kid. LOL.

Originally posted by timo

Mojo,

Thanks for that, my pal. I would appreciate that greatly. When convenient, please pm the lyrics to me. Wasn't Smethurst from Suffolk? I have a dash of Suffolk ancestry, so maybe the song triggered some 'ethnic memory' in me as a kid. LOL.

He was from Norfolk - Norwich, I think. Same difference, I suppose, they're all a bit "oo-arr' down that way ;)

Originally posted by rad6380

Roxette - Listen to Your Heart (and anything else by Roxette as well)

and if it counts, Boy Meets Girl - Waiting for a Star to Fall as well.:D

BMG I do not think quite comes under the heading of power balled lol

erm

Bryan Adams - Run To You

Heart - Alone

That song from the Levis ad about 10 years ago 'Inside' - can't remember the band but it had wonderfully naff lyrics.

Best dumped/power balled - Alison Moyet: All Cried Out

Originally posted by Maddy

That song from the Levis ad about 10 years ago 'Inside' - can't remember the band but it had wonderfully naff lyrics.

that was a band called stiltskin :) the singer went on to front genesis....for 1 album.

On some programme about TV ads the other week they said they just made the band (stiltskin) up after they'd made the advert cos they had this music on the ad that was just intended as backing track and then they realised there was demand for a single, so the guys that did it got a group together and some lyrics for it!

maybe Babylon Zoo was created for the same reason (unfortunately I don't think they were)