Mighty Melvyn

he used to dance at the dog and partridge he had some balls in more ways than one

MM turned up on hallowean at Samantha's at a private party in a bunny girl outfit with a girl called Cathy. He did a dance and dropped the top but the guys were dissapointed. Cathy did the same got a different reaction when she did the same and fell into an old guys lap.

It was an 18th birthday party and they were not invited, the girl who's party it was went crazy.

They did arrive that night from the Black Swan that night.

The Sheffield Ghost walk tells a story of Mighty Melvin haunting the Boardwalk - well, his leopard clad legs anyways... The ghost pinches the bums of leather trousered men, apparently... Although the story dictates that the ghost has been there longer than 6 years, and seeing as he was spotted in Skeg 6 years ago, looks like the ghost story isn't correct... And there I was, taking it all in!

I used to be a regular in The Marples back in the 80s. . . good times! Anyway,I remember one night that Mighty Melvin was booked to do a turn. Most of the blokes,including the landlord spent the evening in the Blue Bell! He went down a storm with the ladies though.

I didn't realise that this thread was started by Andypandy in December of last year. Fancy you, Andypandy, lauding on about Mighty Melvin . I have had my doubts about before LOL.

Posting on the Fine Fare thread got me thinking about some of the Firth Park characters. One of the regulars in the shop was the 'Go Go' dancer from the pubs The Mighty Melvyn. He would strut around in his bleach blonde hair, canary yellow shirt and lime green satin trousers !! Come on, who remembers him ?? he was practically famous and I bet there are a few good stories!

my sister will remember him for life as he buried her head in his cape in a club one nite when it was her birthday im sure i have a foto of him somewhere with his willy pushed between his legs heehee

my sister will remember him for life as he buried her head in his cape in a club one nite when it was her birthday im sure i have a foto of him somewhere with his willy pushed between his legs heehee

If you have would you post it on here please, I am intrigued as to whether it is the same man that I know.

If you have would you post it on here please, I am intrigued as to whether it is the same man that I know.

yes i will try and find it from what i remember he was short had a bit of a belly and had shaven/bald head

MM was a regular on stage at the famous MUCKY DUCK (Black Swan ) when Terry Steeples was manager and some now World famous acts appeared our own Joe Cocker one of many Melvin Shakespeare was his real name.

I remember Melvyn from when I used to do the disco at the Wharncliffe in the mid 70's. he worked there as a pot collector. He could be a real pain at times but was certainly a character. Drove him to a few performances at the Turf at Hoyland.

Expect anybody who frequented the Wharncliffe about that time should be able to remember him

yes i will try and find it from what i remember he was short had a bit of a belly and had shaven/bald head

A little fat ginger haired bloke frequented the Wicker pubs station ect.

A little fat ginger haired bloke frequented the Wicker pubs station ect.

That sounds like the mighty Melvin I knew.

Last saw him in the Devonshire Arms Herries Road 2 to 3 years ago.