Man denied benefits after leaving Spain.

It's worse than the wild generalisation. Young white men can be murders. Illegal immigrants can't by definition claim anything, apart from asylum of course at which point they are no longer an illegal immigrant as they've declared themselves to the authorities.

I missed the 'illegal' bit. Do'h!

I was going to say that you couldn't make this up.

But you can, you just demonstrated it, completely made up and unrelated to the real world.

the real world...do you mean those charming flats at the side of the river don which house illegal immigrants waiting for their cases to be heard....which are leased to the home office...mind you shouldn't complain....plenty of work moving them in and out......

the real world...do you mean those charming flats at the side of the river don which house illegal immigrants waiting for their cases to be heard....which are leased to the home office...mind you shouldn't complain....plenty of work moving them in and out......

If they are illegal immigrants they can't be waiting for their case to be heard. They have no case. They're illegal!

Distorting the facts and presenting it as truth is what causes the unrest and bitterness. And, I suspect, no amount of facts and figures would sway your view of the situation.

If you listen to one voice, if you take one person's opinion, without ever trying to justify or refute the claims, then you will leave yourself open to criticism and condemnation.

That facts do not bear out your opinion. If you choose not to listen, you will always be at a disadvantage.

seen it at first hand that....people here illegally are put in nice accomadation until there cases are reviewed....they are not all locked up in detention centres.....mind you shouldn't complain we moved them in and out....so don't say it doesn't happen it does....you just can't except it...

If they are illegal immigrants they can't be waiting for their case to be heard. They have no case. They're illegal!

they arrived in this country no papers so are illegal......apply for asylum when caught...put in nice flat...wait for outcome...granted asylum...move to flat...happy days

seen it at first hand that....people here illegally are put in nice accomadation until there cases are reviewed....they are not all locked up in detention centres.....mind you shouldn't complain we moved them in and out....so don't say it doesn't happen it does....you just can't except it...

Sigh.

If immigrants are here illegally, of course they don't get free accommodation! Can't you think of a good reason why an illegal immigrant would be reluctant to approach the authorities and ask to be housed?

Prove me wrong, say where this accommodation is that you've seen with your own eyes. The address, who manages the property, the status of the residents.

they arrived in this country no papers so are illegal......apply for asylum when caught...put in nice flat...wait for outcome...granted asylum...move to flat...happy days

Ah! So, when you said "illegal immigrants" you meant asylum seekers with incomplete paperwork?

A completely different thing...

As has been stated - they cannot be 'illegal' if their case is being heard - they are either claiming asylum or they are claiming immigrant status.

So, you move them in and out and that results in you 'knowing' everything about their situation, yes?

I think not.

As for not accepting it, I can accept that people arrive here illegally, but the numbers doing so are far less than those arriving here claiming immigration or asylum.

One swallow does not make a summer and neither do a dozen or so people claiming asylum or immigration status make the kind of out of control scenario you wish to promote.

'I know coz I've seen it' - you have seen what you wish to see and taken it to be what you wish it to be. And, you have seen it in isolation.

Of those that you move in and out, how many are deported? How many are accepted? How many were genuine when they arrived and not 'illegals'?

I bet you have no idea and I also bet you don't give a hoot.

'I know what I know coz I've seen it and that's enough for me'.

Incidently, what would you do with them? We are a humane society and the rules (like them or not) allow people to come to this country, to claim asylum and, if their case is proven, they are allowed to stay. Take it that, for now, you cannot change the rules, what would you rather do with those claiming asylum? Leave them to live on the streets?

Hope I never live in a country like that.