Did Anyone Go To Earl Marshal School?

Message for Katkins, if this is CW please contact me! You just tried to contact me through Friends Reunited. Paul F.

As for David Cooper, for all his 'O' and 'A' levels he's a night club manager! Just goes to show education is not everything!

And the Earl Marshal Website is run by me!! Ah!

yes this is cw,did you get my message through friends reunited?

i kind of went between 80 and 84 i say kind of because i was hardly there (illness and plain old wagging) though not being there didnt really hurt me i'm now a DJ/KJ i used to knock around with andrew bromley and neil sutor

(RUSTY)

hi venom, you were two years below me, i went out with someone from your year called shaun, also next door neighbour was in your year

yes this is cw,did you get my message through friends reunited?

Katkins try emailing me or go to earl marshal website and contact me throught the contact icon (which I have now fixed! oops). Also if you want an entry on the Earl Marshal website, send me a profile and a photo of yourself to put on your page.

Ta very muchly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
you were probably in my year, i went 78-82,? i didnt find it a bad school, i thought the headteacher mr bullivant was very strict along with math teacher mr thornton ( who iwas terrified of! )and miss driver. i wasnt very brainy but my sister acheived 9 gcse's while there. there was some good teachers, mr blakey, mr stow,mr caborn, and gorgeous mr tanner!wud love to know what became of them all and whats become of the school?is it still there?

I was there 76-81. Personally I had a good time there. Managed to get my "A" levels (admittedly not the grades I needed at the time but life has a way of turning these things around) did load of sports (no chance of that now), and got into music in a big way (thanks Mrs Parish/Gweneth Harris whereever you are). Also, don't forget those school exchange trips to Laragne, France. I went twice and had an absolutely brill time both occasions. Also, there was an active youth club which was handy for me as I only lived across the road :D

Yes, the school had a reputation and it was the cause of a few "rucks" when playing other schools at football, basketball etc.. However, if I remember correctly some of the other schools e.g. Hinde House, Herries had reputations as well.

I got back to Sheffield every so often and its still weird looking at where Owler Lane primary and the old block of Earl Marshal Comp stood now stands this new building. The only thing left is the tree that stood in Owler Lane primary top play area. The kids still transfer from what was Earl Marshal Campus to the new bit (I remember doing the same thing but popping home for a quick snack). The difference is that they now lock the gates after a specified time...