Did Anyone Go To Earl Marshal School?

you must have lived on either lloyd st or popple street then. Can you remember the old gritting yard at the bottom of robey street and jumping off the big piles of grit.

i lived next door to the gritting yard but was on lloyd street in 60 used to be electric yard with a hugh green building in it i remember spending many hour on the grit when i was a kid we used to jump over wall from prefabs

By virtue of moving house in 1984, I missed out on the delights of Earl Marshal and went from Burngreave School to Hinde House instead :D

didnt the op ask who WENT to earl marshal not who didnt. Sorry couldnt resist.

I went to Earl Marshal late seventies early eighties. I suppose it had a bad reputation then. I came out passing all my GCSEs and A levels. However I think I had to work extra hard with all the people there who weren't interested in schooling.

you were probably in my year, i went 78-82,? i didnt find it a bad school, i thought the headteacher mr bullivant was very strict along with math teacher mr thornton ( who iwas terrified of! )and miss driver. i wasnt very brainy but my sister acheived 9 gcse's while there. there was some good teachers, mr blakey, mr stow,mr caborn, and gorgeous mr tanner!wud love to know what became of them all and whats become of the school?is it still there?

I remember minnie cooper and kaye, think she had a brother as well.

the was a lad in my year, (78-82 ) 2nd name was cooper, he was very brainy and got called super cooper. could it be him?

well I spose i didnt do too bad considering i missed most of my last year due to health problems, i managed to get 4 gcse passes and an o level in music. i didnt get my mathes because i hated it so didnt even try and also because i knew i would never have use for pythagorous's theory at any time in my life!

the was a lad in my year, (78-82 ) 2nd name was cooper, he was very brainy and got called super cooper. could it be him?

Would that be David Cooper by any chance? He was also in the same year has me. Have a look at the Earl Marshal Website see if you remember any old faces.

i kind of went between 80 and 84 i say kind of because i was hardly there (illness and plain old wagging) though not being there didnt really hurt me i'm now a DJ/KJ i used to knock around with andrew bromley and neil sutor

(RUSTY)

Would that be David Cooper by any chance? He was also in the same year has me. Have a look at the Earl Marshal Website see if you remember any old faces.

yes it was, had a look at web site but only recognised one from the photos. do you remember me?

Message for Katkins, if this is CW please contact me! You just tried to contact me through Friends Reunited. Paul F.

As for David Cooper, for all his 'O' and 'A' levels he's a night club manager! Just goes to show education is not everything!

And the Earl Marshal Website is run by me!! Ah!

yes this is cw,did you get my message through friends reunited?

i kind of went between 80 and 84 i say kind of because i was hardly there (illness and plain old wagging) though not being there didnt really hurt me i'm now a DJ/KJ i used to knock around with andrew bromley and neil sutor

(RUSTY)

hi venom, you were two years below me, i went out with someone from your year called shaun, also next door neighbour was in your year