Salt Bins & Road Gritting In Sheffield

mahonia

I think the gritters have done a marvellous job, they must feel like they are fighting a losing battle. I understand our road is not a priority it has so few residents and they dont have to do it anyway as its unadopted (although they usually do because th very top is adopted and it would be harder work for them to turn the gritter around than just do half the length) I have not had a problem parking the car on the nearest main road and walking home.

What gets me is the grit box been emptied. I know one rsident has taken a wheelbarrow full of it and stored it in the garage whilst I cant stay on my feet on the pavement outside.

That is so selfish, what a miserable set they are, just typical of today's society. I've just been out to clear the front of our garage so that I can get the garage door up and, whilst I was doing it I went along my 2 neighbour's drives too, hard work for a 5' female in her 60's but, rather that than my elderly neighbours slip.

I wished you lived near me as I could also do with decent neighbours, why can't the decent thoughtful ones all live on the same road!

The council filled our grit bin up in S20. (address withheld for fear of retribution from the council stazi) and it seems that they have started mixing sand in with the salt, crafty swines..... gonna block all the drains with sand now then ?? :huh::huh:

I wish you were my neighbour too. We moved 18 months ago and left some lovely neighbours behind, We lived on a little road in a two up two down terrace in what was classed as an under priveliged area but we were all on the same wavelength and did owt for each other. I used to cook extra food at mealtimes for a couple of elderly neighbours who were marvellous. We all used to stand in the yards chatting and laughing.

Moved to what is supposed to be a slightly better area and the neighbours wouldnt spit on you if you were on fire. talk about a bunch of no hopers. Theres two residents on here who after 18 months still havnt said hello to us, and quite obviously avoid eye contact when we cross in the street.

I wish you were my neighbour too. We moved 18 months ago and left some lovely neighbours behind, We lived on a little road in a two up two down terrace in what was classed as an under priveliged area but we were all on the same wavelength and did owt for each other. I used to cook extra food at mealtimes for a couple of elderly neighbours who were marvellous. We all used to stand in the yards chatting and laughing.

Moved to what is supposed to be a slightly better area and the neighbours wouldnt spit on you if you were on fire. talk about a bunch of no hopers. Theres two residents on here who after 18 months still havnt said hello to us, and quite obviously avoid eye contact when we cross in the street.

Fire lumps of rocksalt at them and kill two birds with one snow dissolving lump ;):hihi::hihi:

One of our neighbours has put some grit on her drive in order to get her car out of her garage, nothing wrong in that but, she's a devout Christian, down at the church at least 3 times a week but, she's not brought any shopping in for anyone, where's the Christian attitude in that?

One of our neighbours has put some grit on her drive in order to get her car out of her garage, nothing wrong in that but, she's a devout Christian, down at the church at least 3 times a week but, she's not brought any shopping in for anyone, where's the Christian attitude in that?

Have you asked her to do some shopping for you?

Have you asked her to do some shopping for you?

No because I'm perfectly capable of doing my own shopping but, I asked her and my other neighbours if they needed any shopping doing, a couple of them did so I walked to the shops for their shopping.

Are you just being sarcastic and, if so, why?