Salt Bins & Road Gritting In Sheffield

That is what you call an excellent service!

Our local bin is regularly topped up. There is always plenty in. I've never needed to phone up to get more - I assume others nearby must be phoning. More excellent service.

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs! Our road in WW has been gritted.

Don't get me wrong, I am pleased, but will it work? We have a few inches of compacted snow/ice

(thank you to the gritterman/woman)

i would like to thank some of the residents on Holmhirst Rd & Todwick Rd who assisted the gritting team, (me and my mate), to spread the salt this morning, & to the lady @ the church that offered us a cup of tea...we were too busy to accept, but thank you anyway,:love: and to the others that just stood in their frontroom windows and watched whilst their neighbours got stuck in :mad: :mad:.shame on you.

i would like to thank some of the residents on Holmhirst Rd & Todwick Rd who assisted the gritting team, (me and my mate), to spread the salt this morning, & to the lady @ the church that offered us a cup of tea...we were too busy to accept, but thank you anyway,:love: and to the others that just stood in their frontroom windows and watched whilst their neighbours got stuck in :mad: :mad:.shame on you.

Yes shame on them :mad:,

With the news saying all council's have to cut back on Gordon's Grit im wondering which bits the troops at Streetforce have had to cut back on :huh:

Apparently we've had another '11th hour' delivery with more to come tonight/tomorrow

Watching Calendar today I'd like to add thanks for the gritters working around the clock to do all they can

Apparently we've had another '11th hour' delivery with more to come tonight/tomorrow

Watching Calendar today I'd like to add thanks for the gritters working around the clock to do all they can

There was 2 lorrys parked up in the layby opposit Olive Grove Depot around 4pm this afternoon waiting to drop off Gordons Grit :D

Problem we have now is the snow is melting and with the nights still cold the roads are more iced up than normal :help:

There was 2 lorrys parked up in the layby opposit Olive Grove Depot around 4pm this afternoon waiting to drop off Gordons Grit :D

Problem we have now is the snow is melting and with the nights still cold the roads are more iced up than normal :help:

Calendar news was reporting live from there at 6pm. You should've loitered and given us a wave :hihi:

Calendar news was reporting live from there at 6pm. You should've loitered and given us a wave :hihi:

Things must have been quiet in L*eds then if they turned up , next time if they turn up ill go zooming passed on the ice in a grit bin waving :D

I wonder how much grit them 2 lorrys brought :huh:

Things must have been quiet in L*eds then if they turned up , next time if they turn up ill go zooming passed on the ice in a grit bin waving :D

I wonder how much grit them 2 lorrys brought :huh:

Nah, Calendar are pretty good for Sheff news. It wasn't Look Leeds who were there *spits* :hihi:

Forgotten how many tonnes it said were delivered but there was more on the way this evening too (and tomorrow)

Forgotten how many tonnes it said were delivered but there was more on the way this evening too (and tomorrow)

I wonder if this is the grit that was bound for Germany ? if so my facebook page was right :hihi:

" Sheffield just had a delivery of a load of grit to Olive Grove depot. It was bound for Germany but we nabbed it. Streetforce 1 Germany 0 , Dont mention the war ! lol " :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I wonder if this is the grit that was bound for Germany ? if so my facebook page was right :hihi:

" Sheffield just had a delivery of a load of grit to Olive Grove depot. It was bound for Germany but we nabbed it. Streetforce 1 Germany 0 , Dont mention the war ! lol " :hihi::hihi::hihi:

i wondered why that driver at olive grove last night had leather shorts on :D

weve been having grit deliverys since saturday night/sunday morning, 12.000 ton was earmarked for germany but is being shared among, sheffield,bradford & east yorkshire councils:)