Should organised religion be banned?

You believe that religion in Europe only took off after the vatican existed? (1929 if you didn't know)

C'mon jobee, that is poor even by your standards.

I would assume you actually meant the holy see, which is far older?

I meant when Peter became first Pope, I gave you the date.

You believe that religion in Europe only took off after the vatican existed? (1929 if you didn't know)

C'mon jobee, that is poor even by your standards.

I would assume you actually meant the holy see, which is far older?

"When religion became organised in 42 AD with st Peter, organised violence on unarmed civilians started to become the in thing" jobee.

Hmmmm, the bible must be put on the fiction shelves in bookshops and libraries by government orders. That will bring to an end the biggest con job ever pulled on mankind.

http://nobeliefs.com/mementoes.htm

That would "do it" for you, would it? Even if your fantasy came to pass, I doubt it would make any difference to the amount of people believing in God. Think you'll just have to come to terms with it - you're stuck with us :hihi:

Are you trying to argue that there was no organised religion before Christianity.

Maybe it's you that needs to attend some RE lessons.

RE Is nonsense, all we have to do is behave ourselves.

I didn't say that you should become a believer. Just that you ought to learn something about the subject, as you seem to be labouring in ignorance.

Stop talking daft, when that Vatican opened religion became big time in Europe.

Because there was no religion before Christianity. The Roman empire for example didn't have it's own pantheon of gods, and the eygyptians didn't have a well developed and extremely important (to them) religion.

The Chinese and Japanese have both had well developed mythologies before Christianity popped up as well.

It also sent missionaries to all corners of the 'known' world.

Indeed, but that by no means makes it the first organised religion.

Personally I find Roman and Greek mythology to be fascinating, and the druidic religion of the UK before both is equally interesting.

You do realise that you can learn about something without having to believe in it?

Edited by Cyclone

I've no idea how far back my family tree goes in the UK, it's at least 4 generations, I know of two great grandads, both miners I believe.

I do understand how the EU works though, and so I know why the Poles were here (for work), and why they're now leaving (not enough work).

How can the system be failing if more Poles are leaving than arriving (your example remember)?

I don't believe that I mentioned free speech, nor was I aware that your clothing could dictate it. I do find it odd how people can advocate banning things in the name of freedom. I find it amusing how they can't see the irony in that.

if more immigrants comin in than goin out the systems failing you can,t pay out more thans comin in the goverment coffers, as for u understandin how the eu works, don,t believe a word u sayin, even the politicians bein takin out more than they putin in, this country has not yet made woman equal to men else the women would be paid the same wages, the same as the masses of foreigners surpress their women (arranged marages, prayin seperatley, do you need more.

Don't forget the americas - there were several different organised religions over there for centuries before we even knew they existed.

You've reminded me, just in case I get questioned by viney, it's not supposed to be an exhaustive list, just an exemplar. And of course another example of ignorance on the part of jobee.