Should organised religion be banned?

Your argument is sound in your mind, as is jobee’s in his. Are you right or is he? I see good and bad in both of your posts.

Cyclones argument is based upon reason and evidence and is sound both in and outside his mind as it is a fundamentally sound argument. In stark contrast Jobee's argument is based upon neither reason nor evidence but so far as I can tell seems primarily based upon emotion and only holds up within his own emotionally charged mind.

From high up on this fence I can see the debate between you clearly, but can also see a broader view that the pair of you are missing due to the heat.

Regardless of how high up you imagine yourself to be you still can't see anything clearly if your head's stuck up your own arse due to your habit of giving yourself a self congratulatory rimming (as you seem to do in a great many of your posts).

Cyclones argument is based upon reason and evidence and is sound both in and outside his mind as it is a fundamentally sound argument. In stark contrast Jobee's argument is based upon neither reason nor evidence but so far as I can tell seems primarily based upon emotion and only holds up within his own emotionally charged mind.

Regardless of how high up you imagine yourself to be you still can't see anything clearly if your head's stuck up your own arse due to your habit of giving yourself a self congratulatory rimming (as you seem to do in a great many of your posts).

You are just being rude for the sake of it plekhanov, but that is your choice. It is my choice to enjoy a laugh with you. Nice post. :hihi::hihi: :thumbsup:

I can't, which is why not only do I think children should be kept deliberately ignorant of significant world religions but NAzism and Communism should be omitted from their history classes because learning about an ideology is exactly the same as being indoctrinated into that ideology :roll:

You are so wrong.

The worst thing any society can do is deliberately withhold information, especially from children. This is tantamount to censorship. And the only thing we, as an older generation, need to censor, is the truth.

You are so wrong.

The worst thing any society can do is deliberately withhold information, especially from children. This is tantamount to censorship. And the only thing we, as an older generation, need to censor, is the truth.

plekhanov, isn't necessarily wrong, just confused as to which side of the fence he/she is on.

The misspelling of self "rhyming" (not "rimming") due to the OP being a poet, was not wrong, just a blip.

I agree with you to a degree cloudybay, but isn't censoring the truth, tantamount to lying?

You are just being rude for the sake of it plekhanov, but that is your choice. It is my choice to enjoy a laugh with you. Nice post. :hihi::hihi: :thumbsup:

No I was rude because I felt the self congratulatory smugness of your previous post positively invited rudeness in response.

Rudeness however only made up a portion of my previous post more than half of which was based upon my contradictory and rather less nauseatingly golden mean based assessment of the relative strengths of Cyclone and Jobees' arguments.

You are so wrong.

Please note the roll eyes smiley commonly used to denote sarcasm.

plekhanov, isn't necessarily wrong, just confused as to which side of the fence he/she is on.

The misspelling of self "rhyming" (not "rimming") due to the OP being a poet, was not wrong, just a blip.

Nope I spelt 'rimming' exactly right and was emphatically not referring to "Poetry or verse marked by correspondence of terminal sounds".

No I was rude because I felt the self congratulatory smugness of your previous post positively invited rudeness in response.

Rudeness however only made up a portion of my previous post more than half of which was based upon my contradictory and rather less nauseatingly golden mean based assessment of the relative strengths of Cyclone and Jobees' arguments.

Please note the roll eyes smiley commonly used to denote sarcasm.

Nope I spelt 'rimming' exactly right and was emphatically not referring to "Poetry or verse marked by correspondence of terminal sounds".

You have realised that you were rude and, have explained the reasons why you felt that you needed to be.

That is good enough for me, I have no hard feelings. :):thumbsup:

What's your point here? If it's just poetry - probably best to stick to a poetry thread. Which goddy boy are you addressing, jobbie?

I want the sale of this dangerous superstitious nonsense bible/koran stopped.

I want the tax concessions stopped to the preachers of this ancient superstition.

I want the education system to stop introducing our children to this nonsense.

I want the removal of those 26 frocks from the house of lords. They have

spent their whole lives with their heads in the sand and have no right to top

jobs in British politics. Can we agree on any or all of my points?

I want the sale of this dangerous superstitious nonsense bible/koran stopped.

I want the tax concessions stopped to the preachers of this ancient superstition.

I want the education system to stop introducing our children to this nonsense.

I want the removal of those 26 frocks from the house of lords. They have

spent their whole lives with their heads in the sand and have no right to top

jobs in British politics. Can we agree on any or all of my points?

No, we can't. I'll never agree with someone who wants to ban books, or tell people what they're allowed to believe. They're the ideas of fascist dictators

and have no place in a democracy.