New management at the royal standard student bar

Big Sam 90

Hello there,

I am the new manager down at the Royal Standard on St Mary's Road and I'm looking to do something different that other pubs don't offer for a Saturday/Sunday night.

What do the people of Sheffield want?

We also have a poker night this Friday (27/11/09) which starts at 8.00pm. It's a £7 buy in, No Limit Texas Hold'em deepstack freezeout.

Cheers

I've only been here for 2 days now but the offers they put we put on for Sheffield Hallam students are fantastic. We offer an RS card for a £1 which gives students great discounts on food on drink. For example students can have a big meal for only £2, last night we had drinks for just £1.00 and we have offers on everyday

We do have 2 cask ales from local breweries. As I'm not in the pub at the minute i'm not sure on the brand. We have a drinks menu on: http://www.theroyalstandardbar.co.uk

I do need to finish the website off as the previous manager was a bit of a fool and didn't do things properly so I need to tidy things up on there and be a bit more specific.

We do have 2 cask ales from local breweries. As I'm not in the pub at the minute i'm not sure on the brand. We have a drinks menu on: http://www.theroyalstandardbar.co.uk

I do need to finish the website off as the previous manager was a bit of a fool and didn't do things properly so I need to tidy things up on there and be a bit more specific.

You're the manager of a pub, and you don't know what ale you serve? And you say the *previous* manager wasn't up to much?

Leave him alone, at least he is trying to find out what his customers want- which is alot better than some landlords. I have drunk in the standard before and it was a nice pub although i have never eaten in there.

I think the main thing is to keep the service quick on saturday afternoons before the matches as i know it gets very busy.

Yeah, get my party nights listed, it's a bit out of date now!

Leave him alone, at least he is trying to find out what his customers want- which is alot better than some landlords. I have drunk in the standard before and it was a nice pub although i have never eaten in there.

Yes, that is good. I just can't quite get my head around someone taking over the management of a pub and not knowing what beer is on, and I thought the dig at the previous landlord was a bit unnecessary too. I presume a lot of the customers the OP hopes to serve with whatever beer it is he sells knew the old landlord and presumably got on with him, so calling him a fool when he could have just said 'updating the website is on my to do list' or something seems a bit ill advised.

Best of luck though.