Windows 7 or vista..

mluther746

Why not give Linux a try :) , its free, more secure and once you get used to it it just blows winblows out of the water to be honest

Maybe take a look at ubuntu to start with :)... or the ultimate edition 2.5 package which is ubuntu based and comes with everything you could need pre installed...and all for free :)

Hi to all

I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?

none unless you can afford 600 gbp for the best anti virus known to man run ubuntu and if ease is what your after ubuntu is virus proof and never crashes + it can install any thin if you find you aper to need windows for games get a program called wine and the best part is its a hell of a lot cheaper :banana::

Why not give Linux a try :) , its free, more secure and once you get used to it it just blows winblows out of the water to be honest

Maybe take a look at ubuntu to start with :)... or the ultimate edition 2.5 package which is ubuntu based and comes with everything you could need pre installed...and all for free :)

Glad to see I am not the only Ultimate Edition fan out there! And it also comes with free Accessibility options although I must admit the latest edition does not appear to work live like 2.3 did straight out of the box (i.e., the screenreader) as it is an area I am interested in. You can also get themes for this distribution here

best regards,

swarfendor43

Hi to all

I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?

I have been running Windows 7 now for about four months, much better than anything else on offer by a country mile in my honest opinion.

Recently installed Windows 7 X64 and finding it rather good. Couple of issues at the start, as you'd find with any OS, but fixed them OK. Great compatibility so far with all sorts of games. Also using Ubuntu X64 and of course this is wonderful too, even faster than W7 imho. I'd recommend either of these systems to any home PC user.

Hi Alky,

There is a raft of open-source games out there (there's even a distro called Lxgamers DVD that run's live.

As for Ubuntu you would have to look at installing a paid for solution such as Cedega by transgaming.org or Cross-Over Office from Codeweavers.com - another one is PlayOnLinux - not sure if this is proprietary or Open Source as it came with my paid for version of Vector Linux 6.0 Standard Deluxe - and at the equivalent of £15 for a full OS and some Linux Games and Enlightenment a big difference from MS prices!

Warning - not all games work on Linux - yet!

Best regards,

swarfendor43

Edited by swarfendor43