Windows 7 or vista..

mluther746

Who the hell told you that changing the OS would void the warranty? I would ask them to clarify that if I was you!!!

XP or Windows 7. Try and avoid getting Vista unless you are entitled to a free Windows 7 upgrade,.

Coles told me that, and when I saked to talk to the manager he confirmed it !

Apparently I`m not entatled to a free W7 upgrade because my Vista is only the Bsaic version. I have to wonder what the point would be bearing in mind that someone on here said W7 was more like Vista than XP anyway !

Recommending an outdated operating system just because you can't get used to some minor differences is terrible advice.

Copy files is no more difficult in Vista, or 7 than it was in XP or 2000 - How hard is it to highlight the file, press CTRL+C to copy and then CTRL+V to paste it?

Bearing in mind that XP did everything I wanted it to, it depends on how much one values ones time. And how frustrated one gets when one has to waste it learning a load of new stuff......

I find File and Folder tasks to be a very handy and easy way of copying/moving info.

Incidentally I`ve got a Peak Flash Disk whose security software doesn`t seem to run on Vista when it works fine on XP, is that normal ?

A lot of the Vista problems were pre service pack with lack of driver support ect, Im sure Win 7 even with the beta version there will be complaints and crashes with driver issues ect.

I use XP as its tryed and tested and running sweet for me altho I have Vista Buisness also which I can honnestly say runs ok too. The thing that really gripes people about vista and keeps them with XP is the amount of resorces Vista uses in comparison with XP. I have tryed the Win 7 Beta and found it to run a lot like xp with the vista look, Im sure a lot of vista features are in but just off by default and on at user discretion, I don't think Win 7 will be all it can be until the Beta version has ended, and the first service pack is out like it was with XP.

My Beta win 7 was allways crashing and updating, thats why I put XP back on until I get round to buying a retail version of 7.

A lot of the Vista problems were pre service pack with lack of driver support ect, Im sure Win 7 even with the beta version there will be complaints and crashes with driver issues ect.

I use XP as its tryed and tested and running sweet for me altho I have Vista Buisness also which I can honnestly say runs ok too. The thing that really gripes people about vista and keeps them with XP is the amount of resorces Vista uses in comparison with XP. I have tryed the Win 7 Beta and found it to run a lot like xp with the vista look, Im sure a lot of vista features are in but just off by default and on at user discretion, I don't think Win 7 will be all it can be until the Beta version has ended, and the first service pack is out like it was with XP.

My Beta win 7 was allways crashing and updating, thats why I put XP back on until I get round to buying a retail version of 7.

:huh: I was under the impression that Windows & was already out of beta which is why they're now charging money for it.

My desktop which runs 7 is rock solid and significantly more stable the my wifes laptop which runs a fully updated Vista. Of course I made my desktop out of good quality reliable components and she's got a Dell so the comparison isn't all that fair.