Barnes Hall Grenoside

Semantics.

That is Barnes Hall, regardless of where they want to describe the locality.

no it isn't semantics if there is actually one in chapeltown and one in grenoside as well. and the one on bracken hill is chapeltown. I am still researching the fact there could be one in grenoside - two totally different areas of sheffield and bracken hill is most definitely chapeltown I LIVE THERE.

no it isn't semantics if there is actually one in chapeltown and one in grenoside as well. and the one on bracken hill is chapeltown. I am still researching the fact there could be one in grenoside - two totally different areas of sheffield and bracken hill is most definitely chapeltown I LIVE THERE.
It is the one off Bracken Hill. When it was up for sale it was described as Off Bracken Hill, Burncross, Grenoside.

Only ever one Barnes Hall. Lots of photos on Picture Sheffield eg

http://www.picturesheffield.com/cgi-bin/picturesheffield.pl?_cgifunction=form&_layout=picturesheffield&keyval=sheff.refno=y01767

and the address is always given as 'off Elliot lane, Chapeltown'.

(OTOH if you walked due west from Barnes Hall you would be in Grenoside within five minutes :D)

Edited by Greybeard

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all our help with this. We hve been today and it is indeed Barnes Hall Farm off Bracken Hill at Burncross Chapeltown.

The electoral register has it listed as Grenoside why I don't know it has never been Grenoside and I think this is where the all the confusion has been.

Anyhow found exctly what I wanted by chatting to the gent who lives int he farm house.

Thanks

Gail

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all our help with this. We hve been today and it is indeed Barnes Hall Farm off Bracken Hill at Burncross Chapeltown.

The electoral register has it listed as Grenoside why I don't know it has never been Grenoside and I think this is where the all the confusion has been.

Anyhow found exctly what I wanted by chatting to the gent who lives int he farm house.

Thanks

Gail

As the crow flies its probably nearer to the centre of Grenoside than it is to the centre of Chapeltown

Yep the postal address is Burncross, but as far as I can remember (I used to live there) it's been referred to as being at Grenoside because Barnes Green House and the lodge are on Elliot Lane, Grenoside just across the field from the Hall :) The lane used to go right through between both properties.

Barnes Hall

Bracken Hill

Burncross

SHEFFIELD

S35 1RD