Woman gets whipped in public for wearing bra

Yes that someone who had elevated the lashing to being stoned to death, a mere small difference of life and death for deformation hardly is noticeable to you. Yet you have the audacity to post that I had lost the plot?:rant:

Oh dear, never mind Grahme I thought you were an old pro but when it comes to Islam you're jus as biased as the worst of them.

When I said I thought you had lost the plot, I meant you weren't being as tactful as you might be in your replies, and you know what, if some poor woman is being whipped for wearing a bra what is the point of denying it or making excuses, wouldn't it be better to acknowledge it and accept that it is happening and perhaps even admit that there may be some things in Islam that could do with changing?

I am sure people would have more respect if you did.

When I said I thought you had lost the plot, I meant you weren't being as tactful as you might be in your replies, and you know what, if some poor woman is being whipped for wearing a bra what is the point of denying it or making excuses, wouldn't it be better to acknowledge it and accept that it is happening and perhaps even admit that there may be some things in Islam that could do with changing?

That is absurd Grahame, Why would I wish to accept something that is not Islamic as being part of Islam just to please some stupid people who are too ignorant to know better? Find a single post where I have made excuses for these guys, You have defective understanding Bible basher, and maybe only God can help you?

You quote my post but not answer the question posed why you missed the elevation from lashing to stoning to death?

Christianity does not need to go whipping women for wearing a bra, grahame:_ it does perfectly fine from the inception of the first few chapters of Genesis, where womankind begins to carry the can for Adam's mistake. A can she carries to this day.

Womankind is the "whipping boy" so to speak, of humankind, IMO.

In your mind PT.

It's only just over a century-and-a-half ago that providing analgesia during childbirth became acceptable, against the "received wisdom" that childbirth was "intended" to be excruciatingly painful, as per the bible's edict "in sorrow shalt thou bring forth children

No comment. I thought it was about getting a camel through the eye of a needle so to speak. Lots of women find childbirth very easy. One women was telling me how her second baby dropped out onto the bathroom floor.

It's not that long ago I was accused by a group of believing Christians of having an Eve-ish spirit, which I needed delivering of... And a Spirit of Jezebel (!!!!!) Why? You may well ask! - It was for daring to be female, and having an opinion!!!

I know what they mean.

Edited by Grahame

Whoa! whoa! Hold your blimmin horses, Grahame... Tab never denied that this woman has been whipped, (nor indeed that this whipping was just!)

He hasn't excused what these idiots did to her, in the name of their faith.

And I would correct you, UTTERLY, by saying that it's not stuff within Islam that needs changing, it's the current lawless and anarchic Somali culture such as this woman lives under that needs sorting out.

Remember, it has been pointed out before, that for the last 20 years (give or take) this is not actually a country that has been run on Islamic lines, but a total dystopia, run by corrupt and power-hungry warlords. (as per the Taleban in Afghanistan)

by Plain Talker

Christianity does not need to go whipping women for wearing a bra, grahame:_ it does perfectly fine from the inception of the first few chapters of Genesis, where womankind begins to carry the can for Adam's mistake. A can she carries to this day.

Womankind is the "whipping boy" so to speak, of humankind, IMO.

In your mind PT.

No, in actual fact, graham,

have you ever read "Apology to women"? it's an interesting read

It's only just over a century-and-a-half ago that providing analgesia during childbirth became acceptable, against the "received wisdom" that childbirth was "intended" to be excruciatingly painful, as per the bible's edict "in sorrow shalt thou bring forth children

No comment.

why no comment?

It's not that long ago I was accused by a group of believing Christians of having an Eve-ish spirit, which I needed delivering of... And a Spirit of Jezebel (!!!!!) Why? You may well ask! - It was for daring to be female, and having an opinion!!!

I know what they mean.

cheek ! lol

That is what I said and thank you for confirming it, that the festival isn't part of Christianity and most of the Christians of the world have probably never heard of it. Again as I pointed out I have never insulted Christianity or Judaism, but proved Madam's assertion wrong that I wouldn't know what it was. On the other hand however your statement of, "Mother Nature can administer a slap to us that outdoes anything that "God" could ever manage." is rather insulting to Grahame's faith :lol:
I didn't realise we were limited to only discussing the religions you stipulate. My bad. I must have missed that rule being made :rolleyes: btw god/allah-allah/god, same difference. I was referring to him in both his guises :hihi:

Anyway, suffice to say that you aren't prepared to even attempt to use your influence in order to relieve the suffering of your sisters in disadvantaged countries. Fairy snuff, end of story.

I didn't realise we were limited to only discussing the religions you stipulate. My bad. I must have missed that rule being made :rolleyes: btw god/allah-allah/god, same difference. I was referring to him in both his guises :hihi:

Anyway, suffice to say that you aren't prepared to even attempt to use your influence in order to relieve the suffering of your sisters in disadvantaged countries. Fairy snuff, end of story.

It's funny how these religious types get offended so quickly;) Madam you posted this
I beg your pardon? How is that comment funny? How dare you, really! I thought insulting religion is supposed to be a big no-no as far as you're concerned. Or is it one rule for you and another for everyone else? I'm shocked by your attitude. Although not surprised, tbh.

All because I said that this particular festival wasn't part of Christianity, why were you offended or seem as though your were offended? Maybe my suggestion at the rude sounding name, but I did decide to call it that did I?:D

As for influence, why would you suppose I would have any influence on a set of people who are so bent on power they will not even stop at punishing their own Mothers and sisters?

It's funny how these religious types get offended so quickly;) Madam you posted this All because I said that this particular festival wasn't part of Christianity, why were you offended or seem as though your were offended? Maybe my suggestion at the rude sounding name, but I did decide to call it that did I?:D
"but I did decide to call it that did I?" :huh:

I still don't understand why you're suddenly banging on about Christianity? What's it got to do with a thread about Muslims whipping women for wearing underwear? I was slightly offended that you chose to do an animated 'lol' about a sacred occasion because it means nothing to you. But mainly because of the disproportionate reaction we always seem to get from Islam if anyone says anything about their stuff. Although it does demonstrates the arrogance you have about any concerns but your own.

Also I don't understand what you mean about the name, do you mean because in English it sounds 'rude' to you, it must be rude? That's just weird, obviously the the Celtic languages have totally different pronunciations from English.

As for influence, why would you suppose I would have any influence on a set of people who are so bent on power they will not even stop at punishing their own Mothers and sisters?
Because a man with such an extensive knowledge of what is right in Islam that he is able to lecture everyone here about it, should be confident enough to let his brothers in Islam know when they're going wrong. Also where was it mentioned that these were their mothers and sisters? It's more that they were random women in public that these 'nutcases', to coin a phrase, were assaulting.

Anyway, I'll accept your apology for being insulting about Wicca and if theres anything else you'd like to know, there're plenty of Pagans about on SF whom you can ask. People are always happy to help a genuine seeker after truth.

Edited by rubydazzler
typo. tsk!

Has tab1 explained how and when he became the one true authority on what is and isn't true Islam yet? I've asked him this in numerous other threads when he's been no true scotsmanning away trying to claim that some atrocity or other perpetrated by Islamistscontrary to their sincere beliefs isn't Islamic yet he's mysteriously failed to answer.

Has he been more forthcoming in this thread?

"but I did decide to call it that did I?" :huh:

A typing error indeed, the word after I should have been didn't.:blush:

I still don't understand why you're suddenly banging on about Christianity? What's it got to do with a thread about Muslims whipping women for wearing underwear? I was slightly offended that you chose to do an animated 'lol' about a sacred occasion because it means nothing to you. But mainly because of the disproportionate reaction we always seem to get from Islam if anyone says anything about their stuff. Although it does demonstrates the arrogance you have about any concerns but your own.

The crucial point is that it's not Muslims whipping a woman for wearing a bra, but Somali self proclaimed men of authority that are imposing the customs of their culture, barbaric as they are they are not doing it because of Islam. For you to keep repeating the same mantra will not make it any more an Islamic issue. It's not Islam that needs to change but for yourself to make that distinction, which as simple as it is and even after many a pointer it seems to allude you.

Secondly it was an answer to your assertion that I probably don't know about other religions. The contention is that the festival mentioned is indeed a Pagan thing but has been incorporated and cellebrated as part of Christianity by Irish Christians. My distiction that it isn't even a Christian festival is no insult to anyone but to establish the fact that I am aware of what it is. Now that isn't anything to get offended about and nor is it anything to apologise over and further more no apology is or will be forthcoming over the mention of it.

Also I don't understand what you mean about the name, do you mean because in English it sounds 'rude' to you, it must be rude? That's just weird, obviously the the Celtic languages have totally different pronunciations from English.
Hardly worth debating as origins of the word isn't even an issue.

Because a man with such an extensive knowledge of what is right in Islam that he is able to lecture everyone here about it, should be confident enough to let his brothers in Islam know when they're going wrong. Also where was it mentioned that these were their mothers and sisters? It's more that they were random women in public that these 'nutcases', to coin a phrase, were assaulting.

I am surprised you think I have any more knowledge of Islam than any other Muslim. I just happen to be a part of SF membership and from time to time try and clarify misunderstandings or challenge deliberate misinformation about Islam by trouble makers. That doesn't make me a scholar Madam, but just an ordinary Muslim.

Anyway, I'll accept your apology for being insulting about Wicca and if theres anything else you'd like to know, there're plenty of Pagans about on SF whom you can ask. People are always happy to help a genuine seeker after truth.
Your taking of insult is entirely your own business and all I can offer is a prayer that God may help you to overcome your grief, but alas no apology is waranted or forthcoming so I hope in time you can get over the shock of it;) Edited by tab1

If they made me shake mine in the street, I'd be done for assaulting the police. I could probably knock at least two of them out with a single shoulder shrug :hihi:

Ruby I'm in love

I'd like to say to anyone who's persevered so far into this thread, that tab1 has obviously got so far up his own fundament now, that it's a lost cause to even attempt to debate anything with him. I think it's clear from the post above that the arrogance of the man is bordering on the edge of acceptability these days. Very sad but totally predictable. It obviously comes with the territory :)

I intend to ignore him from now on and would advise others to do the same. Don't feed the troll.