Awful smell in Tinsley

Why are sewage works often referred to as "farms"?

Sewage farms are where sewage is piped in to irrigate the land and to act as fertiliser. Not much fun if you happen to live downwind....:(

Its at its worst on a saturday. I go out for a good bum burning curry on a friday followed by a good few real ales. This then is put in the system for Blackburn meadows on Saturday morning! My guess is that it will arrive at blackburn about 11.30 am.

liose ur wrong on that lv its bein proven wat it does lv

I think you are mixing this business in Rotherham with another one. It is not an incinerator - they do not BURN anything. I think someone is trying to tell you early halloween stories.

Clearly the forum is for open discussion and I have not issue whatsoever in being told I am wrong if the person has reliable sources of evidence and tells me why I am wrong!

For those who are genuinely interested in this debate and particularly about the Company and what they are doing in terms of environmental impact, I have put the website below for information. Just to confirm - I am certainly an advocate of this business but I am not an employee.

http://www.sterecycle.com/index.htm

For those who are confusing the business with Stericycle - please find the link to their website below...

http://www.stericycle.com/

Someone with sense!!!

The sewage treatment plant which you are discussing is called Blackburn Meadows. They have recently extended their sewage sludge composting area towards Magna and it joins Sterecyle's land which is people wrongly think that the odour is from Sterecycle (when it is actually a cabbage type odour which comes from the sewage sludge composting area) - BELONGING TO BLACKBURN MEADOWS!!!

wow your really angry about this.:rant:

I know someone who used to work there,he said it was good money, he was on terd and half apparently.

Time and a turd surely?.