Am I just asking for too much to expect him to help with the chores?

FIRST AND FORMOST U ALL MAKE ME SICK - HOW CAN U ALL JUDGE ME WHEN U KNOW NOTHING ....

1.Notice that my darling oh has decided to air our dirty laundry in public ..really what a TRUE partner does. Things should be kept in house.

2.also notice this post was very one sided ! (i could say alot about u on here too rach80 but like my above post says above .

3.none of u know what type of upbringing i had and if u did i doubt many of u would be so quick to judge .

4.I have never refused to do chores , my objection is to spending half of my life

at work and the other half cleaning up lifes too short and besides its not like its a mess (see rach80 earlier post she hoovers etc EVERYDAY !!!) slight case of ocd ...seen as she says were at work allday i work more hours too 43.5 hours monday to friday and everyother sat with a few more lates at end of month sometimes im at work 9am to 8.30pm ( i also have pets as mentioned by rach80 that i have to sort out its not like i can just put food in bowl and thats it. so where u got ur working out rach ?

..I love my daughter more then anything ...maybe im not the best at interacting with her but im still there for her ... i did not take the easy option and do one ...

OUR reletionship is over now anyway ...

43.5 where did that number come from???????

You work 9.00-5.30 every day So thats 8.5 hours a day minus 1hour for lunch which equals 7.5 hours times 5 equals 37.5 hours I think I said 38!!

Yes you do work every other saturday 9 - 1 (4 hours) But do you not get this time bak in flex in the week????

like I told you I wasn't trying to air laundry I would have used the washing line for that as I believe thats what their for just in case you did not know. I came on here to get other peoples opionions instead of having another poinless arguement with you.....but once again its turn out that way.

I never sais I was an angel and yes I do like things to be done right here right now but only so its out of the way and we can spend the rest of the day as a family.....but it was never like that was it????

I dont want it to become a "you did this" but "you did that" thats not what the thread was about. I just wanted to know if I was asking too much. To most people I wasn't to the minority yes B ut to you I must have been asking the world.

Thanks again to all of you that replied and I'm sure Mr Right will come along one day but until then I'll just keep my house clean and the little one happy

The END X

Why not? Have you looked after a child/children? Often doing so is more difficult than actually going out and doing work for someone else. You are not one of those people who think looking after infants is easy? Did not know there were actually any people who thought like that left. Being a parent looking after a small child/children is far from easy so regardless of who goes out to work - both parents should help with the housework.

Dragon of Ana

???

Looking after a toddler, hard?

All you have to do is sit it in front of the teletubies, mash it a banana for dinner and make it a jam sandwhich if it gets hungry again. Most women can do that in the ad break of Jeremy Kyle and then get the hoovering done when Loose Women finishes, and by the time the Alan Tit'head Show comes on eveything's done and she can have another sit down.

This sounds like heaven compared to doing proper work at a job all day.

I would however alter the choice of programing.

Edited by Forumosaurus

FIRST AND FORMOST U ALL MAKE ME SICK - HOW CAN U ALL JUDGE ME WHEN U KNOW NOTHING ....

3.none of u know what type of upbringing i had and if u did i doubt many of u would be so quick to judge .

There are people out there much worse of than you who get up and do the chores each and every day. Cancer sufferers, people that have just lost children/partners/loved ones, and because you had a bad upbringing A LONG time ago, it is NO excuse to sit around on your backside and do nothing and absolutely does NOT excuse you from helping out around the house, and doing things with your daughter.

This woman sounds like a gem, and you obviously give her absolutely sod all credit for the hard work she does for the child and... well, your daughter. Right now you are acting like a child. If you are mature enough to have a child, you are mature enough to at LEAST clean up after yourself or if your feeling particually wild push a vac over the rugs.

Your not gonna know whats hit you if you end up on your own - nobody else will take your lazy backside in their abode THEN tidy up after you. Grow a pair and learn your responsibilities before its too late.

??? Looking after a toddler, hard?

All you have to do is sit it in front of the teletubies, mash it a banana for dinner and make it a jam sandwhich if it gets hungry again. Most women can do that in the ad break of Jeremy Kyle and then get the hoovering done when Loose Women finishes, and by the time the Alan Tit'head Show comes on eveything's done and she can have another sit down.

You are joking, right? I've tried looking after little kids and it's hell. They cry a lot, seem to have a death wish, and you take your eyes off them for like one second and they're eating the cat, or falling over the hoover wire.

If you bring up your kids like you say, I pity them. Doing it right is the hard part.

???

Looking after a toddler, hard?

No way!!! Children are hard work!!! Mine keeps knocking over my gin, and demanding food and stuff!

Edited by Sheff Laser

Whoah indeed boutiquechoc, this looks more like an episode of corrie.

I'm sure if the relationship is worth saving then you guys can talk it out and reach an amicable solution between you.

No I think that ship has sailed already...

...OUR reletionship is over now anyway ...

So sad to see two people bickering like this. A shame they couldn't work out their differences, when a child is involved.

Looks like another broken family for the statistics... :(

Whoah indeed boutiquechoc, this looks more like an episode of corrie.

I'm sure if the relationship is worth saving then you guys can talk it out and reach an amicable solution between you.

We have tried talking before, it ends in an arguement then we dont talk......then we make up he helps for a week or so then back to square one...so whats the point!!!!?????

Seems like you have made your mind up already about where this is going. It is not easy being a single parent but at least you have less laundry; less mess; less running around trying to please the other half. Course then you have the lonely nights watching television by yourself when the little one is asleep; and winter nights are always the hardest.

Whatever you choose - I am sure most of us wish you well for the future.

Dragon of Ana

Good Luck Rach. Don't look back.

He'll probably learn from this. Maybe he won't.

What you've learned is that you are not happy to be treated this way and that he always would.

Good luck also Trublade. You know you're angry because you have to face the changes you need to make. Move on and be a good father ....you can't make it "The End" for that situation I'm afraid. You will always be her father.