Where are the best locations for taking time lapse of the night sky

Anywhere that is clear from light pollution so Mam Tor would be a perfect spot. You need something else in the picture rather than just stars so reflections from a lake, a tree etc is needed.

Here's one i took at chesil beach on saturday, this was about 17 minutes and then the battery ran out. It was around midnight i think so the sky still had a little light which gives the colour cast, at around 2am it is much darker so there will be less colour.

Chesil Beach

Time lapse photography is taking a number of photographs at set intervals.

I have a Canon A80 that will do that.If I could could find the manual,but it is computer controlled.

http://content.photojojo.com/tutorials/ultimate-guide-to-time-lapse-photography/

As nick said, try Mam Tor.

Castleton/Edale are excellent spots.

Mam Tor ... i best google the route..:confused: Thanks.. I guess once i get out and about and get the bug, i'll discover new locations without even trying... thanks again.:)

There's an observatory out near Wentworth next to Hoober Stand & they tend to site them where there's minimal light pollution, I'd imagine that'd be a good place & it's within 100 metres of a lane. Would be a lot easier to get to than Mam Tor.

Google maps link here, Hoober Stand to the left, observatory to the right.

Edited by steev
added link

Kirk Edge Road between Worrall and High Bradfield is a pretty good spot.