Dialing code for sheffield before 0114

kelibobs

I love this quote:

"The whole thing is a mess, why hasn't this been publicised? The last time there was a number change it was drummed into us for a year.

"And why has anyone allowed numbers to be issued that are so similar to the old ones?"

You just want to do this, don't you:

http://corporatespeak.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/businessman-banging-his-head-against-the-wall-ispc026073.jpg

I'm with you on this one mate! How many times you see sign written vans, business's etc with the prefix 01142! Numptys, the lot of em!

It's nothing but......it's just one of those things that rile me

:rant:

At first I thought Ginger was whipping up a storm in a teacup, but that article and the responses just beggar belief with their monumental stupidity. :loopy:

I mean I can understand how a few (not very bright) people might have followed this line of thought:

0742 xxx xxx

01742 xxx xxx

01142 xxx xxx

But for the city's newspaper to compound their ignorance by presenting the natural growth to seven figure numbers starting with three as a "number change" is beyond fathom really. :/

Edited by Max Power