Fishing at crookes valley park

Fished there last night and had some nice bream/hybrids, however was catching a fish a chuck for an hour then didn't have another bite all night, some other lads fishing said they'd seen pike and zander follow small fish to the bank when being reeled in, is there any actual pike in there or zander, one geezer even mentioned a catfish??!! Might explain y my swim went dead ??

Also be careful down there as lots of polish guys askin u to catch them fish, couldn't believe the cheek of it!!

Any replies welcome, tight lines!!!

Rumour has it there are some very big catfish in there, as well as eels.

the lake contains some highly intelligent homicidal fish created by accident when an experiment in the university's genetics department went wrong.

be careful how you fish there, what you catch may eat you!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!! :loopy: :loopy: :hihi: :hihi:

Any ideas anyone on the best tactics for the pike,zander,cats and eels in there??? I've been fishing with lures a few times and had a perch out???

Eels are best with worm or dead bait. Also best to fish for eels when the is heavy cloud or following thunderstorm/high humidity. They were all i ever caught when i was a kid

Eels are best with worm or dead bait. Also best to fish for eels when the is heavy cloud or following thunderstorm/high humidity. They were all i ever caught when i was a kid

I've not caught a Eel for a few years now, I remember fishing the Chesterfield canal once when I was younger and I packed in after around an hour due to problems with boot laces(small Eels).