Fishing at crookes valley park

there is definitely pike and zander in there.. Ive seen a zander as one of my friends managed to get one..he was dead baiting with a small roach...and ive seen two big pike in the bay area as well...

There is supposedly a pipeline that runs towards Weston Park, and that is where all the Zander are.

the lake contains some highly intelligent homicidal fish created by accident when an experiment in the university's genetics department went wrong.

be careful how you fish there, what you catch may eat you!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!! :loopy: :loopy: :hihi: :hihi:

Any ideas anyone on the best tactics for the pike,zander,cats and eels in there??? I've been fishing with lures a few times and had a perch out???

I would be very suprised if there was a catfish in there, I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Who introduced the Zander to a pond?

Zander make very good eating!. They are becoming quite fashionable on the menu in better resturants

Any ideas anyone on the best tactics for the pike,zander,cats and eels in there??? I've been fishing with lures a few times and had a perch out???

Eels are best with worm or dead bait. Also best to fish for eels when the is heavy cloud or following thunderstorm/high humidity. They were all i ever caught when i was a kid

Eels are best with worm or dead bait. Also best to fish for eels when the is heavy cloud or following thunderstorm/high humidity. They were all i ever caught when i was a kid

I've not caught a Eel for a few years now, I remember fishing the Chesterfield canal once when I was younger and I packed in after around an hour due to problems with boot laces(small Eels).

I've not caught a Eel for a few years now, I remember fishing the Chesterfield canal once when I was younger and I packed in after around an hour due to problems with boot laces(small Eels).

Small ones are a nightmare, the big ones are good fun though.

unfortunately the eel population has been in sharp decline due to pollution and other enviromental factors

There has been concern in the angling circles at the lack of eels in this country now.

We used to be overun with them

There has been concern in the angling circles at the lack of eels in this country now.

We used to be overun with them

Yea definately,when i lived in cumbria near a tidal river thats all the seemed to be, with the occasional sea trout.

Its a shame as they are an interesting and unusual fish

Anyone know if its worth fishing graves park? And what's in there? Got told there we're carp and sum pike but it aint very big. Any info appreciated cheers!