DAM HOUSE, Excellent bar/restaurant, great atmosphere

I just wanted to post some postive comments about a really great meal my family and I had in sheffield. I haven't been for too many here.

Not that I have to explain myself - but I shall-My thread history is low because I'v not been on here in a while since I've been living back down in manchester and I forgot my password to my old account so set up a new one instead.

I find 'drumstucks' negativity of the dam house more suspicious than the nice things I had to say about the place. Why such an axe to grind with the place? Business competition perhaps? Maybe not, but even so my positive comments have as much of a place here as your negative ones.

can I also add, from drumstucks thread history you can tell that there is A LOT of negativity

I just wanted to post some postive comments about a really great meal my family and I had in sheffield. I haven't been for too many here.

Not that I have to explain myself - but I shall-My thread history is low because I'v not been on here in a while since I've been living back down in manchester and I forgot my password to my old account so set up a new one instead.

I find 'drumstucks' negativity of the dam house more suspicious than the nice things I had to say about the place. Why such an axe to grind with the place? Business competition perhaps? Maybe not, but even so my positive comments have as much of a place here as your negative ones.

It is in the middle of the park. It is competition only with the winos in the old boating house that form part of the view. At least the winos will get some value for money :thumbsup:... oh, and that same great view. I've had one mediocre meal and twice been ripped off over a round of drinks. I have only been there three times, yet have walked past it almost every day for the last three years. It is, without any doubt the worst pub I have ever been in in my life. Just to clear that up.

It is in the middle of the park. It is competition only with the winos in the old boating house that form part of the view. At least the winos will get some value for money :thumbsup:... oh, and that same great view. I've had one mediocre meal and twice been ripped off over a round of drinks. I have only been there three times, yet have walked past it almost every day for the last three years. It is, without any doubt the worst pub I have ever been in in my life. Just to clear that up.

everytime i have been it has always been spot on!!!!

perhaps you would be better off with the winos in the park

Only had a bar snack to eat there, which was okay, nothing special but nothing wrong. Have been a few times on warm afternoons for a drink and it's always been nice - maybe a little pricey, but the staff have always been friendly.

Not eaten from the main menu, but as a bar nothing to complain about apart from being off the beaten track; but lovely on a hot Sunday afternoon to sit outside on the terrace.

Went here on Saturday 4th July 09, whilst visiting Sheffield from London, the food was exquisite, I had the duck which was cooked perfectly and the creme brulee is to die for. The staff were helpful and attentive. The views/ location is amazing and not to be missed, such a hidden gem, in the heart of Sheffield. Would highly recommend this venue, on a par with any London restaurant:)

On a par with any London restaurant? Lets name a few- Pied a Terre, Ducasse at the Dorchester, Le Gavroche, L Escargot and Aubergine will do for starters.

Now do you really expect us to take your 'Review' seriously when you use such ridiculous statements as that? As far as the guides are concerned there are very few places within a stones throw of Sheffield that come close to any of those names, Fischers at Baslow Hall and The Old Vicarage at Ridgeway, maybe. As for view and location its a decent building that overlooks a boating lake, it's hardly the Hanging Gardens of Babylon or the Lakes.

I have been a couple of times and its fine, no complaints, but it definitley not destination dining.

On a par with any London restaurant? Lets name a few- Pied a Terre, Ducasse at the Dorchester, Le Gavroche, L Escargot and Aubergine will do for starters.

Now do you really expect us to take your 'Review' seriously when you use such ridiculous statements as that? As far as the guides are concerned there are very few places within a stones throw of Sheffield that come close to any of those names, Fischers at Baslow Hall and The Old Vicarage at Ridgeway, maybe. As for view and location its a decent building that overlooks a boating lake, it's hardly the Hanging Gardens of Babylon or the Lakes.

I have been a couple of times and its fine, no complaints, but it definitley not destination dining.

Now that is a good place to eat. Took the missus' parents there as a thank-you for helping us redecorate. I think it would have been cheaper to get professional decorators in :o.

I think its a bit overpriced and the staff were very snotty when we went for a meal there. The food was very nice.

Definitely a good place to visit in nice weather. Pints were ~£3 which is pretty standard. Strange obsession with urinal cakes though (you'll know what I mean if you're male and have visited). Can't comment on the food.

I recently took a group of 24 here & I have to say it was superb service, above superb food & very reasonably priced. In fact one of the best restaurants I've been to in Sheffield & as a group booker we book at least 3 different ones every month but Dam House has certainly stood out for all the right reasons.

How expensive is expensive . Have wanted to go for a while but need to know if its a treat that needs saving for!

How expensive is expensive . Have wanted to go for a while but need to know if its a treat that needs saving for![/QUOte]

check out their website the menu with prices are on it www.dam-house.co.uk