DAM HOUSE, Excellent bar/restaurant, great atmosphere

Went here on Saturday 4th July 09, whilst visiting Sheffield from London, the food was exquisite, I had the duck which was cooked perfectly and the creme brulee is to die for. The staff were helpful and attentive. The views/ location is amazing and not to be missed, such a hidden gem, in the heart of Sheffield. Would highly recommend this venue, on a par with any London restaurant:)

Thank you for your comments.

Our chef's are "buzzing" when they saw your comments.

Hope you can pop back soon!

p.s. - make sure you print of the voucher on our web site to make the most of your visit.:(

Have to say this place is a hidden gem,it is a lovely place and the views are great.

Does it get busy? Thinking about taking my bird there one lunchtime soon.

Does it get busy? Thinking about taking my bird there one lunchtime soon.

Best stick to the hen and chicks for you mate.;)

I've tried to go twice in the last couple of months; both times it was closed for private functions. Definitely a place to ring ahead before dropping in.

My favourite place for eating out. Good service and the food is excellent and plentiful. Great views over the dam and the place itself is spotless. Valentines night is particularly good, 3 course meal and entertainment.

i agree. the burgers are great and the atmosphere is pleasant. its got a pretty nice view aswell.

:hihi: LOVE the Dam House.

Was planning on going there for a meal a few days ago but I was ill and gutted I had to get in bed instead :mad:

I can't believe I've just seen this thread. :DIt was my graduation on Monday afternoon, and we went along for lunch at the dam house. I can honestly say I've never had a better meal in sheffield.

I was a bit nervous as I had my whole family there, and I wanted to take them somewhere a bit special, but everywhere I've been recently has been very you know...samey. :loopy:

My dad had roast beef with massive yorkshire pud...which he was very happy with. Then they brought out these massive bowls of creamy potato and roasted vegetables- we got loads. I had the chicken- which was also very very nice. Then for afters I had this strawberry soup??! fantastic! yummy...it was nice to get a desert that wasn't heavy for a change. I defintely recommend that.:rolleyes:

The best thing about this place though is the smiley friendly faces. I eat out a lot, and it's a rareity. The pretty girl that served us, genuinly seemed to care- she was taking our photos, and helping us choose on the menu, having a giggle with us. Very nice. :love:

All in all, the dam house is a very friendly warm place to dine in my experience. Excellent food, and warm friendly service. I just hope next time we go it a bit warmer so we can sit by the lake!!!

Funny how the OP is so full of praise for the place with their one and only post, a new thread at that, and is 'answered' almost exactly 24 hours later by someone from there with promotional advice.

Personally, I think this place is overpriced and awful. Which is why it is closed most w/e to people who have hired it (no locals, wonder why?). I pity anyone hiring this place as the food is quite average and yet quite expensive. A winning combination if you expect people to only go there once...

Oh, and in case you think I am being overly suspicious, check out the thread history of user 'posh' above my thread. They've been around a long time. And the evening after a lovely graduation meal accurately listing almost everything on the menu, what better way to round it off than posting a thread detailing it all on the forum of the local area :hihi: