DAM HOUSE, Excellent bar/restaurant, great atmosphere

nadsime

On a par with any London restaurant? Lets name a few- Pied a Terre, Ducasse at the Dorchester, Le Gavroche, L Escargot and Aubergine will do for starters.

Now do you really expect us to take your 'Review' seriously when you use such ridiculous statements as that? As far as the guides are concerned there are very few places within a stones throw of Sheffield that come close to any of those names, Fischers at Baslow Hall and The Old Vicarage at Ridgeway, maybe. As for view and location its a decent building that overlooks a boating lake, it's hardly the Hanging Gardens of Babylon or the Lakes.

I have been a couple of times and its fine, no complaints, but it definitley not destination dining.

Now that is a good place to eat. Took the missus' parents there as a thank-you for helping us redecorate. I think it would have been cheaper to get professional decorators in :o.

I recently took a group of 24 here & I have to say it was superb service, above superb food & very reasonably priced. In fact one of the best restaurants I've been to in Sheffield & as a group booker we book at least 3 different ones every month but Dam House has certainly stood out for all the right reasons.

I think its a bit overpriced and the staff were very snotty when we went for a meal there. The food was very nice.

we worked there last night for the first time. went down 3 times during the day to set up equipment.

the staff were very helpful & couldnt help enough. made us very welcome .

same all night very friendly indeed. a pleasure to work there. thought the drinks were very fair priced too. :thumbsup:

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd295/WAGGY_album/?action=view&current=2496c89f.pbw&t=1249340042

Edited by the chazter

How expensive? Expect around £25 a head for a couple of courses and drinks. Last time I went was six months ago. I have been 4 times and its been basically dead. The food is reasonable but they are tiny portions (which I dont believe is the sign of a good eatery), and I haven't been thrilled with staff. Insincere is one word that springs to mind, and the bar manager type (who also waitered our table at our last visit) was arrogant. I'd give that bit the benefit of the doubt but poncey food and tiny portions, and a somewhat pretentious atmosphere does not appeal to me

I've been to the Damhouse quite a few times; with family, friends, other half, and once for a work do. I think the food is brilliant. My favourite is the duck in cherry sauce, been fab and not too fatty every time I've had it. Also really like the burgers and recently had the refreshing summer risotto. Oh and they did a salmon starter a while ago (maybe salmon roulade?) that I don't know if they still do, but the salmon was delicious.

The only complaints I've had have been down to the service. Went for Valentines and it was understandably busy, but we were left waiting quite a while and not offered more drinks. And another time the food took a long time coming out. BUT if you complain and actually let the manager know then they are very responsive. Have provided us with vouchers in compensation and we will definitely visit again.