Supermarket Purse Snatchers

today I was in sainsburys and whilst getting a trolley, paying a pound from my purse, setting it down while I sorted all my various bags it had gone from my trolley

Im very sorry to hear about this. I will be on my guard.

A few years ago a ten pound note went missing from my purse in Tescos Abbeydale. I know where I went wrong, the purse was in plain view and the tenner I'd just got from the machine was carelessly stuffed into the back compartment with the corner sticking out. (Where they went wrong was being thieving gets of course). What I do now is put my purse right at the bottom of my bag under other stuff, zip it up and for good measure place my coat on top.

another target place is hillsborough shopping center my nan got her purse stolenthis time last year in the card shop she wasnt botherd about the money so much but the old pics she had in it and a family friend also last week in jjs had hers tuck out ov her bagwhen payin at the till ...such sad peps that do this as it seems they go for older peps ..sadly we never got anything back from my nans but the other persons purse was found in the top car park and also my nan died afew days after bless her ...would any1 do anythin ie shout or ask the person what they thought they was doin if they saw some1 do such a horrid thing ,i would ...linzi

Last Saturday I regretably decided to stay in the car at Morrissons, Parkgate, to listen to the first half of the Wendnesday V Barnley match while my wife did some of the shopping. I went in to meet her and paid with my card at the tills.

It was on returning home that we found my wifes purse had been taken from the front pocket of her bag which she kept zipped..In it were her debit card, a few minor cards and £100 cash..

She remembered being "bumped into" near the fridges by a lady in her thirties with shoulder length blonde hair...I reckon this was to distract her while some accomplice nicked the purse.The police were informed and we cancelled the card..

If I had not been so keen to find out how Sheffield Wednesday were going on this might not have happened to us..

So I would advise you all to watch out as there seems to be an epidemic of this kind of thing going on at the moment..

If it was my purse being stolen and I caught the thieving bandits red-handled I would not hesitate to manhandle them over to the feezer stick their head in it and bang down the lid repeatedly until they were unconscious and then call the police to arrest them ..

Yeh right, bigshot.:roll:.

Great advice for two old dears.:rolleyes:.

Aren't these supermarkets covered by cctv?

Don't leave your stuff on show, simple as.

If you keep all your important stuff in one place, your money, cards, driving license, ect, and you leave it somewhere where it can be easily stolen then your an idiot.

Trouble is, a lot of the older generation just don't help themselves..I was in Hillsborough a few weekends ago on a busy Saturday morning. An old gent in his seventies ,at least, just turned away from the Halifax cash machines with a handul of notes just stuck out in front of him.As his turned away from the machine his almost bumped straight into me.

If I had been like that, I could have simply grabbed the cash straight from his hand and been lost in the crowds in just a few seconds.

Put your money safely away before leaving the cash machine!

i cant believe the nerve of some people today, about 5/6 years ago i was shopping at morrisons in eccelsfield , i was with my partner at the time,he wondered off and left me staring at the tins of beans etc,lol,when i heard yeling and swearing coming from another isle,i wondered what was going off,and to my very much shock horror there was my so called boyfriend,who had been caught stealing a purse out of a womans bag,i couldnt believe he had done it,i really was shocked,he got took away and i left him to collect my son from school,i told him what had happened,and the rest is history.but not exactly, now everytime i enter that particular supermarket, i get harrassed by the woman(victim) just because i was there,she still blaims me,although i had nothing to do with it ,and it was him that was caught red handed, i still get the blame just because i was there.i understand her point of view,but it is however wrong.

in sainsburys on archer road on saturday there was an announcement that thieves were operating in the area and to watch your possesions at all times, so the supermarkets are aware of it, i'm sure that its seen as easy pickings fr the thieves though, the supermarket was packed and i must have passed at least 6 trolleys with bags hung on them while the owner was browsing.

dear dear carborundum... you obviously dont do much shopping do you as now the freezers are stood upright like a door. maybe slam their fingers in it??

oh and on topic - in the morissons in Hillsborough this happens frequently. My mate is a cop and they are called regular about it. They often patrol the store hoping to catch them red handed.... and usually he comes up behind me and scares me to next thursday... hmmm

she still blaims me,although i had nothing to do with it ,and it was him that was caught red handed, i still get the blame just because i was there.i understand her point of view,but it is however wrong.

It may be wrong but as you say, understandable. If you hang around with creeps like that you end up being tarred with the same brush.

I'm surprised you had no idea he was a thief. He didn't seem to be very good at it.

John X