Sign in to follow this  

UgggHHH British Wine anyone tasted it?

Originally posted by Shiesh

Tonight whilst shopping in 'Asda' I discarded my usual plonk for a bottle of 'British Wine' by 'Hidden Vineyards'....hey I tell ya it should be kept hidden...it is VILE!!

I have drunk better domestos on an 'all inclusive in Greece' YUK!!

I usually shop at Tesco but a trip to Big W was requested and as there is a 'Morrisons' at Meadowhead now I thought a call in 'Asda' would be a change!!

I have never come across a British Wine before....French, Spanish, Argentinian, Chilean, Italian, Greek, South African and Australian...yes but never British!!

OMG...may I never go there again......

:gag:

Lol I've tried that, I thought it'd be erm interesting and it certainly was lol If i remember correctly, it was like £2 or something ridiculous like that... Needless to say I didn't get another bottle lol

Yeah that's right Caprice £1.96 I think....:gag:

Normally I do spend about £3.99 but was intrigued by the 'British' label....!!

I usually go for Soave or Sauvignon Blanc anyway I won't be buying another bottle...though I think I shall look out for the Cornish wines they seem to be worth a try.... :thumbsup:

Lol Shiesh you haven't heard the best of it! My Parents found some dead cheap wine in the supermarket at Spain and they were intruigued by the fact that it was only 75 cents lol (Works out at around 52p lol) They thought it tasted a little like paint stripper, but were all too impressed by their bargain hunting to waste the rest of the bottle!!! lol

Three Choirs in Gloucestershire make excellent wine and have done for years.

If you're ever heading down to South Wales on the M40 and have got an hour to kill I'd recommend a visit - about 10 mins from M40 junction 3, follow signs to Newent and then signposted left.

The only drawback with decent Englsh wine is the price.

As it's not produced in massive quantities, the good stuff tends to cost a lot.

It is out there, but it will cost you.

Should global warming continue, this could change, of course!