Suggestions for business name please....

Hi Chris,

Sorry but I can't agree with you, The name you have chosen "Das Grafik" to me doesnt mean anything, whats the point in having a name that customers dont relate too or understand what it means? I see you have even had to put "Design Company" in English in brackets after the name to let people know what you do! That says alot about your confidence in chosing Das Grafik as a name on its own.

Sorry for the criticism!

From "Das Grafik" I know exactly what line of business Chris is involved in. Takes one to know one.

From "Das Grafik" I know exactly what line of business Chris is involved in. Takes one to know one.

But you're not his target market if you are in the same line of business.

My business name isn't immediately clear either. It doesn't matter though as my business name never appears anywehere on its own without some supporting nfo (links, text, etc) that explains what we do.

Following alandrea0's rationale, it would be hard to identify what the actual business of 99% of the high street/web today actually do based on the name alone

Google, yahoo, amazon, flickr, Firefox, skype,Twitter, Norwich Union, Morrisons, Nike... Need I go on?

But you're not his target market if you are in the same line of business.

True, but I would say that any experienced print & design buyer would also get it.

One of my favourite design group names was 032. You'd have to be in the know to get that one.

which they would, but the owner should be concerned with only his target market identifying it, and if that's you, great, if not, then it doesn't matter. As said though, it really doesn't make a difference in most cases.

Following alandrea0's rationale, it would be hard to identify what the actual business of 99% of the high street/web today actually do based on the name alone

Google, yahoo, amazon, flickr, Firefox, skype,Twitter, Norwich Union, Morrisons, Nike... Need I go on?

...which make for the better/best trademarks, as a matter of fact.

If the OP (or any reader) ever considers registering their trading or business name as a trademark, then bear in mind that the more descriptive the name is about the nature of the goods/services the business provides, the less chances of registering that name as a trademark.

...which make for the better/best trademarks, as a matter of fact.

If the OP (or any reader) ever considers registering their trading or business name as a trademark, then bear in mind that the more descriptive the name is about the nature of the goods/services the business provides, the less chances of registering that name as a trademark.

Good tip (I have around 100 short (4 & 5 letters) pronouncable .com domains. Call them investments for my kids..

zywol.com may be the next google?

There's a lot to be said for using your own name when providing a service.

You are your brand

and your skill and expertise will be what builds your reputation.

Your customers will recommend you as a person - not so much the name of your company

Is there a Naylors of Sheffield?