Where can I park near to the Hallamshire?

Hi guys n girls!

This may be a bit of a long shot..but... I recently passed my driving test (thanks to Allan @ Horizon!! RECOMENDED!!) and I would like to drive to work. I work near the Hallamshie Hospital and wondered if anyone knows of any streets in the surrounding areas with free parking within walking distance?? I don't mind 5-10min walk...and not too keen on paying £400 a year on parking.

Any help/road names would be ace! ;-)

Thanks

Dave x

Most people now park in Crookes if they want to drive and vist the Broomhill area. This is not popular with us residents though:rant:

That's your lot really- otherwise you have to pay to park.

Thanks very much for that! I will give it a look. Really appreciate it!! :-)

Why not get a foldy uppy bike and keep it in the boot, park somewhere thats less busy and cycle the last mile in, help keep you in shape too. :thumbsup:

A lot of people park around the back of the Fulwood Inn at Ranmoor, bit of a hike on foot, but its probably one of the nearest free spots that gives you a walk on the flat

You can park on a road called Endcliffe Crescent, but you have to get there before 8:20 for a space. Its opposite where the old Holiday Inn was.

Park up in broomhill- there is some free parking on the roads just off manchester or fulwood road.

£400 a year isn't bad for parking, after all I suspect you want to drive because of the 'convenience' so why throw that out of the window by having to walk any distance - you may as well get the bus. Of course you can't get an annual bus pass for anywhere close to £400 so your quids in. Your parking would work out at something like £10 per week assuming you have a few weeks when you don't drive to work.

Look on this page on the Council's website: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/parking/permit-parking/broomhill-permit-parking-scheme near the bottom of the page are links for plans showing the Broomhill residents parking zone. On the maps you can see where the free parking in the area is located.

Excellent car park on west street, you might enjoy a walk for a change.

victoria road has some free parking spaces thats a 5 min walk away